THIS IS IN REGARDS TO INSIDING

L3G1T

User
Jul 23, 2021
Insiding is when you take money from people’s printers/fucking them over from inside.

This encourages a toxic community of people running around trying to gain others trust.

There is currently NO PUNISHMENT FOR THIS!!!

If a player gets insided there is absolutely nothing they can do but watch as their party member walks around and steals everyone’s money.

The fact this isn’t punishable is fucking ludicrous.

This kind of behavior should be a Class IV punishment.

Upvote if you agree.

Last edited:
+1 Will stop people from meeting others since you can’t trust anyone anymore, guess I won’t be meeting new people anymore….

Also clear your keypads, I’m coming to take all your money

-1 Wilkers had a very solid point about this stuff. When you let someone into your base that means you trust them enough. Theres also already ingame ways to prevent insiding anyway such as locking your printers. If you or a basemate notice someone hanging around a printer that isn't theirs trying to hack in clearly they are trying to inside and you can kick them right out. Just blacklist them and add them to the insiding list for others to know.

-1 Wilkers had a very solid point about this stuff. When you let someone into your base that means you trust them enough. Theres also already ingame ways to prevent insiding anyway such as locking your printers. If you or a basemate notice someone hanging around a printer that isn't theirs trying to hack in clearly they are trying to inside and you can kick them right out. Just blacklist them and add them to the insiding list for others to know.
You must be joking, theres no other explanation. You dont have to hack the printers just shoot them. As far as kicking them out it takes 10 seconds just to open the party tab…

If they shoot the printers then it is considered a raid and raids start at the beginning of a base. They would actually be breaking a rule at that point. And it turns to a failrp during raid class lll warn. Wilkers is specifically talking about them withdrawing from printers.

That's not necessarily true. We should not blame the victims for taking proper precautions to prevent this from happening, we should have a serious punishment for those that inside. Class IV I believe is a proper punishment as insiding results in multiple hours of profit loss on the server.

If they shoot the printers then it is considered a raid and raids start at the beginning of a base. They would actually be breaking a rule at that point. And it turns to a failrp during raid class lll warn. Wilkers is specifically talking about them withdrawing from printers.
But the problem is you lose possibly hours of profit meanwhile the other guy is looking at a 5 min warn that goes away in 2 weeks…

Not to mention the reason you have people base with you is so you don’t have to constantly look at you’re screen. It takes 5-20 seconds to crack into a printer.

Last edited:
But the problem is you lose possibly hours of profit meanwhile the other guy is looking at a 5 min warn that goes away in 2 weeks…

Not to mention the reason you have people base with you is so you don’t have to constantly look at you’re screen. It takes 5-20 seconds to crack into a printer.

Its specifically hard to hack normal printer racks and honestly if you aren't in your base watching like your tv and just tabbed out you just aren't even playing the game at that point? You're just basically afking. Also losing hours of profit? At most you lost 37 mins of profit if you actually take from your printers every recharge. Your other basemates may also lose profit but if you're letting a guy shoot everything and not carry machetes specifically for that reason then sorry just toss it as a loss. You now know this person is never trustworthy again and you can properly punish the offender if they shot the printers. Insiding is just a part of the risk allowing people to join a base. This is darkrp not money grind simulator.

Its specifically hard to hack normal printer racks and honestly if you aren't in your base watching like your tv and just tabbed out you just aren't even playing the game at that point? You're just basically afking. Also losing hours of profit? At most you lost 37 mins of profit if you actually take from your printers every recharge. Your other basemates may also lose profit but if you're letting a guy shoot everything and not carry machetes specifically for that reason then sorry just toss it as a loss. You now know this person is never trustworthy again and you can properly punish the offender if they shot the printers. Insiding is just a part of the risk allowing people to join a base. This is darkrp not money grind simulator.
This takes away from the longtime players you lose way more money than 37 mins worth and if they destroy you're printers you're looking at 2 hours of time lost, have you ever seen how big printer bases work? Plus he could just machete them and then there's nothing they can do.

And "Not money grind simulator" is simply a dumb statement as you would be FORCED to watch you're base to make sure your allies don't inside.
Everything you do in DRP revolves around money this includes EVERYTHING.

And insiding should not be "part of the risk allowing people to join a base" because that player loses a lot of time spent just to hear a staff say "Nothing i can do" This would be VERY frustrating for ANYONE to hear.

And if you're basing you are afking, by just sitting in the base the whole time. Now it would be even worse due to you having to watch base and make sure no one does anything fishy. Not to mention that bank bases/hotels/body guards/bank guards would no longer be viable in the slightest. The whole point of these jobs are to watch other peoples bases.

And "properly punish the offender" What? What punishment would they be receiving? What am i gonna do, mug them 100 times to get my money back??

All this new rule does is encourage people with low hours to steal money from others. And in that sense newer players wouldn't be able to base with anyone anymore taking out the social part of DRP.

+1
Reasons Above ^^ as well as this should not be an accepted and understood part of this server. It destroys trust between people, and is gonna kill group bases.

Alright here is my entire thoughts about insiding and big ass bases.

1. Withdrawing from printers that are not yours should not be failrp. You're letting a "criminal" base with you. You ran that risk letting them inside your base. Maybe if the rule only applied to the aspect of stealing as a non-criminal job I would see it as valid.
2. Blowing someones printers up should constitute it as a raid only. If they broke the eccr2 rule it should just be failrp during a raid. A class lll rule break. If they kill peeps in your base just randomly it should be rdm class lll until it hits three people for class V mrdm. If they broke your trust they can lose the trust of the entire server.
3. BASING SHOULD NOT BE SO EASY. There should be risks involved allowing people to base with you. Blindly trusting everyone you meet should be met with the proper fate. You decided to host 10+ people with some being people you never met. If you want to do giant bases with only your close friends or those you know you can trust great! But expecting the rules to bend to your favor as a base owner is just illogical. It's honestly just insane we allow huge giant hosts of bases to begin with. The more people you allow to base with you the more risk should be involved.
4. Regarding further into super giant host bases. Why bother doing this? You never run any risk anymore? You basically win when 20 people fight raids? Remember the montana base that had most of the server raid it and it held up still? Honestly I'm glad theres now risk involved directly with the people base owners let in now. Not just raids itself.
5. I don't mean for any of this to sound mean but this is literally how you figure out who is going to continue being trustworthy in your gangs/groups and who are going to be the ones everyone has to watch out for. Basing currently allowing over ten people defend a single base is just insane to me. Most of my bases host less and honestly work fine with a couple defenders. If you want to host huge bases sure go for it I won't say it should immediately become against the rules.
6. At the end of the day that profit you lost can get back with effort. Afking in a base is just dumb you have the option to have a few watch the base while you and others can go out raiding or socialize in town have some fun mugging people or kidnapping people. At the end of the day you can decide what to do while you base.
7. To me the idea of risk and reward should be a factor to raiding and basing. Should I raid this guy? Will I need to put a good amount of money into this raid? Will my party have my back in this raid? Should I let this guy in my base? Will he defend well? Is he gonna just afk and be dead weight? These are thoughts I believe both sides should be thinking.

+1 not reading any of this nerd shit yall speakin but insiding being allowed is lame in my opinion, dont care if thats how darkrp usually does things. this is atomicrp