Rule Suggestion KaidenMelon - Rules about hate speech (Homophobia & Transphobia)

KaidenMelon

Mod On Atomic.rp
User
May 26, 2022

Suggestion Type: Change to Enforcement

What is getting changed?: Rules about hate speech (Homophobia & Transphobia)

Where does this need to be changed?: More ways of classifying hate speech outside of slurs and such. (Ie trans hate.)

Why is this a good change?: I've noticed a lot of transphobia and homophobia in the main atomic servers, some coming from supporters. It's quite disheartening to see how the staff cannot really do much pertaining to this issue unless the offender is trying to be as horrible as possible. It gives a heavy impression that this server is just fine with these issues unless it gets to the point where it's unmanageable. Dus my suggestion at the moment. I know 'bias' comes into play in these sort of issues but the same comes for handling slurs at the end of the day. You either go all in on supporting people or not, and it would be preffered to support people simply identifying or having feelings in a certain way. That is all.

Reactions: little cryptid
-1 i personally support lgbt and the people who are In it, But I believe every human has the right to say their mind even if it is a negative thought. Just as you have the right to say you like lgbt other people have a right to say they dont like it. If they start personally harassing people though over it is where I'd say they should start getting punished

Reactions: Walter Whitee
Suggestion Type: Change to Enforcement
What is getting changed?: Rules about hate speech (Homophobia & Transphobia)

Where does this need to be changed?: More ways of classifying hate speech outside of slurs and such. (Ie trans hate.)

Why is this a good change?: I've noticed a lot of transphobia and homophobia in the main atomic servers, some coming from supporters. It's quite disheartening to see how the staff cannot really do much pertaining to this issue unless the offender is trying to be as horrible as possible. It gives a heavy impression that this server is just fine with these issues unless it gets to the point where it's unmanageable. Dus my suggestion at the moment. I know 'bias' comes into play in these sort of issues but the same comes for handling slurs at the end of the day. You either go all in on supporting people or not, and it would be preffered to support people simply identifying or having feelings in a certain way. That is all.
What ultimately are you trying to suggest? Homophobia & Transphobia are classified under the B5 rule, If you notice something like that on server you should make a ticket and if you think the staff member didn't handle your sit properly you can always make a staff report or a player report on the person you were trying to report.

B5. Targeted use of language towards other players in a way that can be interpreted as Racism/Hate Speech is Not Allowed.
- Context matters, staff have final say over situations where thin ice has been treaded.
- If you don't want to leave things up to interpretation for a staff member, stay away from the terms/topics listed below
> N-Word, F-Word, R-Word
> Jokes about Rape/Incest
> Uncomfortable comments that cross other players' boundaries

This rule covers anything that could cross anyone's boundaries as well as the F word so I don't really see what your trying to suggest.

What ultimately are you trying to suggest? Homophobia & Transphobia are classified under the B5 rule, If you notice something like that on server you should make a ticket and if you think the staff member didn't handle your sit properly you can always make a staff report or a player report on the person you were trying to report.

B5. Targeted use of language towards other players in a way that can be interpreted as Racism/Hate Speech is Not Allowed.
- Context matters, staff have final say over situations where thin ice has been treaded.
- If you don't want to leave things up to interpretation for a staff member, stay away from the terms/topics listed below
> N-Word, F-Word, R-Word
> Jokes about Rape/Incest
> Uncomfortable comments that cross other players' boundaries

This rule covers anything that could cross anyone's boundaries as well as the F word so I don't really see what your trying to suggest.
All I suggest is that these situations be handled better, because at the moment from my own experience the staff are not very great at handling these things.

I've seen staff do nothing about situations like this in the past as well which does not help matters for me.

Last edited:
All I suggest is that these situations be handled better, because at the moment from my own experience the staff are not very great at handling these things.

I've seen staff do nothing about situations like this in the past as well which does not help matters for me.
Like I said make a ticket whenever it happens and if you don't feel like the staff member handled it properly you are completely free to make a staff report and for your situation make a player report.