Betto General Suggestion - Make a !gettingstarted and/or !rockbottom command

Betto

Idiot Staff Member on Atomic Gmod
User
Mar 13, 2022
Some shitty USAF base in Texas
Suggestion Name Make a !gettingstarted and/or !rockbottom command

What's Being Added/Removed/Changed
Add two ! commands to the server, and create a master compendium post of all the different job guides we have, and instructions on how to go from zero to hero for those who accidentally all their money away that doesn't require raiding.

Additionally, add rotating console messages similar to the following, and a join message for those under 12h playtime recommending they do !gettingstarted

"Feeling Stuck? Out of cash? Not sure what to do? Try !rockbottom"

Why It Should Be Added/Removed/Changed
It's an extremely common ticket item for people to ask how they can make some serious cash, and for those who have extremely little amounts of cash to ask how they can get a foothold back on their playtime without it feeling like a grind fest.

The console message would serve to try and maximize retention of players who get frustrated and lost without knowing where to find help, or perhaps have issues following verbal instructions and need a guide. This would help keep things in the player's control and pace.

Links to Addons https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=123277559

Last edited:
+1 I think both command and a console text would be a good addition. I often see knew players either get ripped off with awful deals because they're unknowledgeable of price or will buy an expensive item such as a gun and be immediately killed, losing most of if not all of their money. Helping knew player know what to do and no do as the beginning is good and helping the ones who made a bad decision is good too.

+1 I think both command and a console text would be a good addition. I often see knew players either get ripped off with awful deals because they're unknowledgeable of price or will buy an expensive item such as a gun and be immediately killed, losing most of if not all of their money. Helping knew player know what to do and no do as the beginning is good and helping the ones who made a bad decision is good too.
This is not the intent of the requested guides unfortunately. This would be higher visibility and availability of resources that teach you how to bounce back from near zero or have a simpler time as a new player.

+1 this will certainly help out newer players I've know many to quit, with less people leaving also leads to more population on some lower servers so its a all round win