Bank ATM System Recommendation.

Baptism Man

User
May 9, 2021
USA
I would recommend putting an ATM Banking system. There is many addons including this one

If their is any reason not to put it. Let me know!

Discord: Ryan15715#4860

Explanation: A Bank/ATM Is a way to store your money. Say for example in real life. You want to keep your money secure. You will need a bank account. You will get a debit/ATM Card which basically allows you to purchase things. You could also use it at something called an ATM. An ATM allows you to store your Cash in a bank. With an ATM. You can take out cash or put in cash at a ATM/Bank.

1634511835141.png

Last edited:
Well even if we don't. It's another way of storing money. If you wanna learn about it message me on discord. I am in the atomic discord
Problem is this doesn't really help gameplay as you put it, will just be an unnecessary thing without benefit. Lemme give it a shot

I've suggested ATMs before, but with certain strings attached. I think it would be interesting if ATMs were added, as long as the caps on muggings and ransoms were removed. Furthermore, a way to quickly check how much money and how many and/or which (and how many) weapons, and even the drugs/trash/any sell-able entities they have on them would be wonderfully immersive. Potentially even, now that I think about it, being able to search their inventory in its entirety, and allow for people to mug/ransom for literally anything and any amount. Some of that is beside the point of this addon. However, this concept would risk people walking out of spawn with their first 50k, potentially immediately getting mugged (which happens, happened to me first time I left spawn), and leaving them absolutely destitute, which is why I suggest that the starting money is put in the atm, both to introduce the system and increase its utility, as well as safeguard starting money.

There are a few potential problems to atm systems, such as adding an unnecessary variable to admin sits, a risk of all money in the system being lost if the addon were to be corrupted, and/or abuse problems. However, it also can add immensely to rp in certain scenarios. For example, I know some ATM addons, not sure about the one you suggested specifically, allow criminals to hack atms for a quick bit of cash, which would help add to their rp value and give players on both the criminal and law enforcement sides/jobs more to do. Furthermore, if the ATMs were only placed in the bank, and/or the ATMs in the bank were the only ones that didn't charge a fee for usage, would also add immensely to the value of the bank building and relevant jobs.

I also have another part of this I want to suggest, but its pretty obvious why its a very questionable suggestion. Interest rates. I've seen it on other servers and loved it deeply, but it certainly encourages mass afking and enables heavy inflation, but does also reduce the need for constant basing and farming, as well as increases playtimes quite naturally. Only problem is with some of the deep pockets of some players on the server, it would simply be too OP. Especially if it varies by rank (say .5% for regulars, 1% for vip, 1.5% for vip+, 2% for supporter), there would be some players who would make millions off of each interest payment, and absolutely kill the fairness of the economy. If the rates were lowered to make sure the multi-millionares or billionares didn't gain too much from it, regular players would barely receive any benefit from it. However, if it's enough for regular players to benefit, the millionares and billionares of the server would never have to farm again. Granted, that's almost been the intention of the recent updates, to prevent farming, but I doubt it was supposed to be like that, so I don't truly know.

+1 for atms, as long as its done properly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baptism Man
-1 we dont really need it, we had this before and was removed (prob because of economy issues) weve been perfectly fine without it. Frank i like your idea but like you mentioned it could cause some bads if it isnt proper

What if we get interest when we put money in it? That’s passive income 😂
I also have another part of this I want to suggest, but its pretty obvious why its a very questionable suggestion. Interest rates. I've seen it on other servers and loved it deeply, but it certainly encourages mass afking and enables heavy inflation, but does also reduce the need for constant basing and farming, as well as increases playtimes quite naturally. Only problem is with some of the deep pockets of some players on the server, it would simply be too OP. Especially if it varies by rank (say .5% for regulars, 1% for vip, 1.5% for vip+, 2% for supporter), there would be some players who would make millions off of each interest payment, and absolutely kill the fairness of the economy. If the rates were lowered to make sure the multi-millionares or billionares didn't gain too much from it, regular players would barely receive any benefit from it. However, if it's enough for regular players to benefit, the millionares and billionares of the server would never have to farm again. Granted, that's almost been the intention of the recent updates, to prevent farming, but I doubt it was supposed to be like that, so I don't truly know.

If they add this, it would be even funnier if they add hacker as well XD. The hacker do hack the someone's printers and hack the ATM lol XD

• Haha
Reactions: Baptism Man
Suggestion Noted
I'm not 100% in on the banking idea, because it would create another huge data base of DarkRP $ that noob would have to account for. But I do like the idea of having ATM entities scattered around the map and allowed some sort of hacker job to hack them to make $. This seems like a very interesting concept that i'd like to explore further in the future when we are looking for update ideas. Thanks for making a suggestion <3.​