Defendants Sign Rule Suggestion

Frank Montana

User
Jun 18, 2021
Would like to address this rule real quick

GGR7. In order to be part of/defend a base, you must have your name on the front door, or visible in the base signage for a potential raider.
> For bases w/o front doors, place a textscreen in front of your base with the names of the players basing in there. (sign must be at least size 40 and visible)

I've talked abt this one in the past, and seen several staff even allow what I'm about to suggest, however I've also seen it enforced for its explicit definition and think it'd do well to be rewritten. I propose this instead:

GGR7. In order to be part of/defend a base, you must have your name/party name on the front door, or visible in the base signage for a potential raider.
> For bases w/o front doors, place a textscreen in front of your base with the names of the players/name of the party containing all players basing in there. (sign must be at least size 40 and visible)

Am sure this is obvious as to why this would be much easier, but to provide some emphasis on the necessity of the change, I'd like for you to imagine my bases, or bases of similar size. When there's large groups that are constantly at an influx of players, its simply impossible to keep up with text screens, and especially doors. The party system lets you easily see an instantly updated log of all players in a group, n would be much easier on base owners and staff. The rule also just doesn't make much sense in an rp context, but I do understand the intention of it, I just think the party system would be a much easier alternative to writing/adding the names of every single defendant.

Thanks for giving this some consideration if you did, take care

-1 It shouldn't be any easier to base with 15+ people at a time. Also a way to fix it is have everyone put their own name on the base, then it becomes their fault and not yours.

-1 Could cause more tickets for people to make. Because of them not knowing who is in the party.

-1 Could cause more tickets for people to make. Because of them not knowing who is in the party.
luckily they can see the members of each party when they check the party ui

-1 It shouldn't be any easier to base with 15+ people at a time. Also a way to fix it is have everyone put their own name on the base, then it becomes their fault and not yours.
n you can try at least a little to not seem so passive aggressive xD n that's a miserable solution, does not realistically happen n it just creates more sits of "oh this one person isn't on the signs n they defended in a base" when realistically they had every rp reason to do so. Party system makes it so 15+ people dont have to write their names manually, which not only saves time, makes sense, reduces unnecessary sits, but even helps with the entity usage on the server.
-Even for bases with just 5 people would be a wonderful alternative and save people from the tedious task of constantly keeping up with text screens, or forcing all of their basemates to do it.

Guys, I get y'all dislike enforcing the rules reasonably, but this is supposed to make yours, every base owners, and even raiders lives easier. Plus would reduce the amount of unnecessary sits for dumb shit like this.

Reactions: Killuminati357
Suggestion Denied
We don't want to force people to look in a UI to see who they are supposed to kill, that's why we require it to be on the textscreen.​