DerpyNerpy Rule Suggestion - Mazebase Rule

DerpyNerpy

User
Apr 30, 2022

Suggestion Type: Change to the Rules

What is getting changed?: Mazebase Rule

Where does this need to be changed?: Currently there is insufficient wording law. Enforcement of this rule is limited and has lead to an increase of unraidable fail-bases supported by admins with insufficient knowledge of the rules.

Why is this a good change?: Entryway Rules (ER) - [rules about the pathway into your base]

GER6. Maze Base Designs are Not Allowed (Bases with long pathways that use the time it takes to get from door to door as the main defense, refer to the Enforcement Guidelines)

Note that in rule "GER6." it is explicitly stated that bases with exceedingly long pathways are failbases, however there is no defined limit to size. Enforcement of this rule is therefore limited - especially in the case of admin bias (ie. an admin is pals with the base owner, or off duty and basing). What I'm hoping for is - during the next admin meeting - some consensus can be met as to clarify this rule and get rid of the unheeded nuance that plagues atomic city. I have attached an image of one such unraid-able base design.

This is not the first of it's type, and it won't be the last if action isn't taken. I have had admins tell me that designs like these are acceptable, despite my points. If bases like these continue to be viable raid culture will suffer and raiders will be annoyed. I apologize for the poor resolution, I will get more quality pictures if this isn't resolved.

20220430202114_1.jpg

I mean look at how ridiculous this base is. It's not raid-able by any standard. There are bases like this downtown that super admins live in. (I will not name, I do not explicitly remember their name)

-1 There would be a riot like building on or over road and that would ruin so many bases

-1 There would be a riot like building on or over road and that would ruin so many bases
I said nothing about building over roads, that is a matter for another time. I don't think there would be a riot either - the change to mega base ruling didn't break the server. If you actually read what I have written here you would understand that. The issue is bases with hallways that are exceedingly long. The attached base is objectively against the written rules as the are already (poorly) stated. Please re-read my post and reconsider. Thankyou!

Rhetorical question: can we take this seriously?

I mean this is a pretty bad issue, bases that break this rule are flaring up everywhere. Read what I have posted and take my suggestion for what it is. Maybe we could say that if it takes 5+ seconds to reach the next door the base is illegal. At least have a meeting on it!!

Suggestion Type: Change to the Rules

What is getting changed?: Mazebase Rule

Where does this need to be changed?: Currently there is insufficient wording law. Enforcement of this rule is limited and has lead to an increase of unraidable fail-bases supported by admins with insufficient knowledge of the rules.

Why is this a good change?: Entryway Rules (ER) - [rules about the pathway into your base]

GER6. Maze Base Designs are Not Allowed (Bases with long pathways that use the time it takes to get from door to door as the main defense, refer to the Enforcement Guidelines)

Note that in rule "GER6." it is explicitly stated that bases with exceedingly long pathways are failbases, however there is no defined limit to size. Enforcement of this rule is therefore limited - especially in the case of admin bias (ie. an admin is pals with the base owner, or off duty and basing). What I'm hoping for is - during the next admin meeting - some consensus can be met as to clarify this rule and get rid of the unheeded nuance that plagues atomic city. I have attached an image of one such unraid-able base design.

This is not the first of it's type, and it won't be the last if action isn't taken. I have had admins tell me that designs like these are acceptable, despite my points. If bases like these continue to be viable raid culture will suffer and raiders will be annoyed. I apologize for the poor resolution, I will get more quality pictures if this isn't resolved.

20220430202114_1.jpg

I mean look at how ridiculous this base is. It's not raid-able by any standard. There are bases like this downtown that super admins live in. (I will not name, I do not explicitly remember their name)
+\- There are bases like this everywhere and yes it is raidable , just have someone in the back sniping whoever is using the shooting blinds. Helium vapes also help. Also I do agree that this base specifically has a longer pathway then needed but some sky bases need the pathway to be a certain length so it doesn’t get one shot by a sticky emp. There are no ways to give an accurate measurement of a path way to make sure it isn’t fail base if it’s implemented , unlike shooting blinds where it’s easy to tell if something is two blocks wide or not, there’s just no way to measure a correct length of pathway without limiting certain props which also limits creative freedom.

Last edited:
Rhetorical question: can we take this seriously?

I mean this is a pretty bad issue, bases that break this rule are flaring up everywhere. Read what I have posted and take my suggestion for what it is. Maybe we could say that if it takes 5+ seconds to reach the next door the base is illegal. At least have a meeting on it!!
Also by the hypothetical 5+ second rule this base is completely legal

+\- There are bases like this everywhere and yes it is raidable , just have someone in the back sniping whoever is using the shooting blinds. Helium vapes also help. Also I do agree that this base specifically has a longer pathway then needed but some sky bases need the pathway to be a certain length so it doesn’t get one shot by a sticky emp. There are no ways to give an accurate measurement of a path way to make sure it isn’t fail base if it’s implemented , unlike shooting blinds where it’s easy to tell if something is two blocks wide or not, there’s just no way to measure a correct length of pathway without limiting certain props which also limits creative freedom.
Yeah but bases like this don't just have the windows, they have people outside. When there is a base like this downtown it is impossible to raid because anybody nearby can quite instantly counter with just about any gun.

Suggestion Noted
We are coming up with ways to make these bases less viable in the future.
Thanks for taking the time to make a suggestion, for further questions feel free to reach out on Discord.​