DJ Job Suggestion

Vtrek

User
Sep 30, 2021
Job Title: DJ

Job Salary: $75

Job Limit: 1 Player

Category Affiliation: Citizen/Vigilante

Job Description: Play requested music through the spawned entity (Boombox)

Adds Permanent Law to law boards (if applicable): N/A

Job Rules: - Do not play racism, sex noises, screeches, hatespeech or anything unpleasant from the boombox.
- Unable to have Printers, Kidnap, Raid, or Mug.
- Has the ability to Counter a mug/raid if the player being mugged/raided is the one who requests music to be played by the DJ.
- Can own guns and base.

Job Purpose: Play music, own a club, take song requests via Boombox for payment or free, give new players a better interaction of music in-game without worrying about Chromium resets or using money for a TV with under 100k as a new player, e.t.c.

Weapons/Tools: 1 Boombox

Model (Workshop link with size of model): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=487458984

Link To Addon (if applicable): https://www.gmodstore.com/market/view/retro-boombox-real-radio-streams-for-your-players (May have better addons, but this was the highest reviewed)

(Job Access to Supporter’s only)

We already have hobos that can do exactly this. I do not see a point in adding another mic spam class. Racism and hate speech is already against the rules... Adding a boombox is just going to add something else to the list of things players need to deactivate so they don't get annoyed (Piano, Vape, Microphones, TVs, etc...)

Reactions: Vtrek
We already have hobos that can do exactly this. I do not see a point in adding another mic spam class. Racism and hate speech is already against the rules... Adding a boombox is just going to add something else to the list of things players need to deactivate so they don't get annoyed (Piano, Vape, Microphones, TVs, etc...)
Hobos cannot do exactly this, you either have to actually grab your phone or something playing music out of a speaker, then hold it up to your microphone just so other players could hear it, and even when you do, it would be of lower quality sound than an actual stream that is being played compared to a TV or Boombox. / Racism and hatespeech is against the rules on almost all Gmod servers obv, it was just listed as being against one of the rules of streaming it in music as part of the Job Template that was used. / Players getting annoyed by Piano, Vape, Microphone, TVs, e.t.c, isn’t an issue today because you have the ability to stop the annoyance, just like how you could mute a Hobo micspamming through tab if you don’t like it, there wouldn’t be a problem because it could be easily solved just like this.

It isn't a mic spam class is would broadcast music to the book boxes that players buy and can turn it on to listen to any music the DJ at the time is playing this was on the old server I staffed for and it was very popular

+1 awesome class and no known issues I can remember (if I'm wrong please correct me)

+1 Have seen some wonderful rp come out of this addon. People starting radio shows, talk shows, podcasts, etc; or CP using it to effectively set up a PA system around the map. Might be annoying if the wrong person uses it, but could definitely add to the potential for rp on the server.

+1 Have seen some wonderful rp come out of this addon. People starting radio shows, talk shows, podcasts, etc; or CP using it to effectively set up a PA system around the map. Might be annoying if the wrong person uses it, but could definitely add to the potential for rp on the server.
This is not what the functionality of the addon he suggested entails, the addon he suggested is a simple internet radio player. To my knowledge there is not a premade solution that does what you describe.

Had this on another server I played on years ago. The mayor would hire broadcasters to do PAs, terrorists would hire them to hold ransom, or some really funny dude would start a talk show. Always absolutely hilarious. So much potential for laughs and fun. +++++1

This is not what the functionality of the addon he suggested entails, the addon he suggested is a simple internet radio player. To my knowledge there is not a premade solution that does what you describe.
This one doesn't it but others do

Oh, boring. I forget which addon it was specifically but i've seen it on at least one server. I'll look around for it if you're interested. Was a job where people could spawn 'radios' and one mic stand. Mic stand would broadcast to all the radios, pretty simple concept but was endlessly entertaining and useful.

It isn't a mic spam class is would broadcast music to the book boxes that players buy and can turn it on to listen to any music the DJ at the time is playing this was on the old server I staffed for and it was very popular
Yeah you've seen it before, think we're talking abt the same addon or at least one pretty similar in concept. Any chance you remember the name of it? I haven't a goddamn clue

Suggestion Noted
This idea has been added to the list of update ideas for Noob. Thanks for making a suggestion <3​