Former Staff Reapplying Treatment Overhaul?

Tungsten

User
Jun 17, 2021
I think it's a great sign of dedication for old AtomicRP staff members to come back onto the staff team after their resignation due to their reasoning. But the thing that really bothered me the most is that we still put them through the Trial Mod Stage. I believe there should be a system where especially if S+Mods/Admins resign but come back through a certain time period. They should automatically be a Moderator. I feel it's demoralizing for someone who was a Senior Moderator/Admin to be brought down to T-Mod and have slog through the ranks after their hard commitment. This could also be for Past Moderators as well? Give me some feedback

There would be trust concerns, yes, but I feel like it would just make returning staff feel more welcomed and involved like they use to.

I know where you are coming from, but them starting off as T-Mod is just a refresher. Having T-Mod is a state where you should just cut them the slack, they are new to this or in this case, have not done it in a while and are still trying to get used to it again. Also, even if they had either ranks, after 2 weeks I think that they should be able to go back to their original rank they had when they resigned. I chose 2 weeks for the time because every 2 weeks, there is a staff meeting.

I agree with this, but tmod would be a good refresher for staff members who staffed months ago rather than like 1-2 months ago

i agree with this 100% i cam back and remembered 98% of things and pretty much jumped right in to taking tickets. and i know a fair amount of things but im really hampered by not being able to use the tools i use to have to be able to help them out.

while this is true it kinda invalidates the other tmods and makes it seem unfair because they are unable to understand the context so -1

(ps if you are a good staff member still you'll fly through the ranks anyway)

Suggestion Denied
The only reason we don't do this is in order to maintain fairness among the team for staff members that are new and do not understand an old staff member's seniority. As a defacto rule, we already account for seniority in regards to returning staff when it comes to dishing out promotions regardless.​