Gang update --Extended

waffle

User
Feb 14, 2022
I saw sleepy's gang suggestion and had an idea. I was just going to comment, but it has some pretty strong differences from their suggestion and I wanted some feedback (normally comments don't get as much feedback)

The idea is to make mega-basing/territory claim allowed for gang members (This is pretty much what sleepy said). Basically, the number of members you have is the number of building you can claim. If there are 5 blue Doritos, you can claim an area with a maximum of 5 buildings or an area of similar size if there are no bases inside. Any other gangs inside the area are KOS, and the bases of the gang members can only be raided by other gangs during a war. The way raiding of these territories work is the leader of another gang would advert gang war, and anyone in their gang could raid any bases in the territory for x minutes (probably 5-10) without nlr. I am not sure if the defending gang should have nlr. Members of both gangs would be KOS to eachother anywhere on the map, and anyone of any class within the territories during the war can be killed (Who would be in gang territory during a gang war and expect not to get shot, but this is mainly so cops cant just run in and ruin the fun). Each gang would have a cooldown of x minutes (maybe 30) on gang wars. I think this would give incentive to make gang territories, as raids would be less often but much harder to defend. Plus it would add more RP to gang classes between building a gang territory and actually giving a reason to have gang wars.

As of now the only reason people play gangs is just to kill each other with no real RP, so if this was implemented I think the rule of being able to KOS opposite gang members anytime anywhere on the map should be removed (although this is not necessary for the overall idea). If RP is really the focus then maybe you can KOS opposite gang members if they are talking down on your gang.

This would be a pretty extreme change, but I think it would be fun and kind of like an event. Plus it would be pretty funny to spectate an all out Dorito bloodbath. The biggest issue I can see is creating and enforcing the rules, and that would require some discussion (especially for rules for the territories and area sizes allowed).

-1 Megabase can be abused for gangs especially 5 bases.
also, this could cause RDM, and really has no point still.

Suggestion Denied
Due to the high volume of players that every AtomicRP server gets, we are not comfortable allowed megabasing to be a part of the DarkRP rules at this moment.
Thanks for taking the time to make a suggestion, for further questions feel free to reach out on Discord.​