healthyamericanguy Rule Suggestion - new rule wilkers added.

healthyamericanguy

User
Dec 8, 2021

Suggestion Type: Change to the Rules

What is getting changed?: new rule wilkers added.

Where does this need to be changed?: GLR8.

Why is this a good change?: 1. Nobody was complaining about there being props in the street beforehand, if the game is lagging reduce server size to around 100. (you have not one not two but FIVE servers so why are you not using them )

reason 2. nobody likes it and its stupid and if rules are made t what the community as a whole wants then that is all that matters

3: we want to megabase !!! we want to megabase !!!

Reactions: twanny wan
Suggestion Type: Change to the Rules

What is getting changed?: new rule wilkers added.

Where does this need to be changed?: GLR8.

Why is this a good change?: 1. Nobody was complaining about there being props in the street beforehand, if the game is lagging reduce server size to around 100. (you have not one not two but FIVE servers so why are you not using them )

reason 2. nobody likes it and its stupid and if rules are made t what the community as a whole wants then that is all that matters

3: we want to megabase !!! we want to megabase !!!
+1 there was no issue with street basing most sky bases were raidable with a sniper

Last edited:
1651338247059.png

this is what beach looks like now with new rule (3+ different bases because basing on the regular part of the map is pretty much fucked for any groups larger than ike 10)

+/- Would advocate for a minimum distance off the ground, no tunnel bases, and the majority of the base needs to be on the sidewalk but if more than half is on the street it's a failbase. But I understand keeping the rules simple is better and we don't want people getting an AtomicRP degree to be able to build.

+/- pros and cons to the new rule
pros: There were people straight building in the middle of the street with things such as rdm pits and trap bases and I witnessed the staff try to negotiate with them and almost none of them wanted to change but still ended up blocking a lot so this rule fixed that.
cons: It was a quick fix to a growing problem, we lost a lot of good bases like the tunnel ones.

extra note: Street bases kept getting worse so yah quickly ban all till we get a fix is the feel I get, and yah some bases were good and ok like most tunnel bases that actually allowed more than one person in its ally. The trap bases I mentioned already were fail rp to begin with, was just hard to rationalize with the people making them. (Rules GLR2,GER7 if not more) So here is to hoping the rule get refined.

TLDR: rule was quick fix, I bet it gets refined soon.

+1 i feel like we have been so used to the old basing rules that now sense we cant use our old bases with the sky tunnels we have to move to the beach now the beach is so crowded i just think its kinda dum to not have floating parts of bases and how tunnel bases are not allowed even tho theres a rule how u have to leave a gap in the tunnel for players the go thru the tunnel so why would you wanna get rid of that? just my opinion

+1 this isn't about it being annoying its about limiting creative freedom, megabases might be bad ya but in all reality theres nothing coharrently wrong with them, limiting both will just make a larger divide here. But limiting those diamonds that build mini podcast shows or fruit stands on the road, would be damaging to their fun and creative freedom for others, fuck those stupid kidnap bases tho :D

+1 removes a lot of bases that are unique.

Pros of rule: Less clutter on streets, less lag.

Cons of rule: removes a lot of freedom when it comes to bases. Fully removes tunnel bases/bases that use the street to enter.

I feel like it is a considerate rule. The rule can be modified to a standard that is still enforceable. (Having walkways on streets/tunnel bases) new rule could be better by having bases/props on street but it can't impede travel across the map.