Icons for Helpful players and New players

Moonie

User
May 5, 2022
Me and my buddy Froggy have come up with an idea that can greatly improve the retention of new players and give them a chance to learn from others.

The idea is that there are players such as myself who are willing to help and explain all of the ins and outs of DarkRp wether its building or learning how to best do their jobs. This would also include the new players! They would also have an icon on them showing they are new and that they may need a little help understanding things.

This could be an extended version of the admin except this person would not have the commands and would only be there to take tickets about "How do I grow weed" or "Why are my props so dark" or "How do I use precision tool"

I will be the first to volunteer and there could be an application system with it as well to ensure everything they know is correct and helpful. Once they pass the interview they can have the "Helper" icon and we can have ads letting new players know that they can ask these players at any time for help.

Also instead of us taking tickets directly we can be used in times of need by the admins themselves so they can spend their time solving the more complicated and important cases that we all know they have.

The thing is Ive noticed at peak hours it can get chaotic and the admins arent always going to have time and they will most likely just say "Watch the tutorial" and thats fine but there is only so much a tutorial can teach. (Ex. Making Better Seeds Using Seed Lab)

I hope this post wasnt too long and please vote and give me as much feedback on the idea as you can. I would love to find a mod that would accomodate a change or if there is a mod already impolemented that can make it happen then thats great too.

Thanks for taking the time to read my suggestion!

Reactions: Dr Cash