imlosingctrl General Suggestion - More Classes for Custom Jobs

imlosingctrl

User
May 14, 2022

Suggestion Name More Classes for Custom Jobs

What's Being Added/Removed/Changed Addition of other RP functions for custom jobs, not just the thief class. (Example: Weed Dealer, Hitman, Black Market Dealer, Douchebag, Cops, etc.)

Why It Should Be Added/Removed/Changed There's a couple solid reasons why I think this would be a good addition to the custom class purchase:

1. Allows players to add more creative RP scenarios
  2. More variety of classes in the server so thieves aren't dominating the job mix.
  3. Would give more of an opportunity for players creating in-game businesses to stand out and make a more interesting store.
  4. People may have more of an incentive to buy a custom job if it was capable of participating in other RP scenarios (someone like myself)
With that being said, I'll give an example in case someone has the argument of "not being able to tell what job class someone is":

If someone were to make a custom job class as a cop, they would have the title above their head that tells you "Cop/Government"
If someone were to make a custom job class as a Black Market Dealer, it would tell you that they are in fact a Black Market Dealer
If someone were to make a custom job class as a Weed Dealer, you would know that they sell weed.

Pretty simple. Although in RP you're technically not supposed to be metagaming, this case it's necessary to.

In reality this would be purely cosmetic, but I think it could be a chance for people who prefer doing other things aside from printing and raiding to make money present themselves as a more experienced member of their given job class. It would help them stick out and make more money at their store or maybe give a cleaner look to someone who wants to be a more specialized member of the police force that deals with higher level tasks than street sweeping.

I assume this could be an easy implement considering the jobs are already coded into the Atomic Server and would receive their relevant entities/SWEPs when you assign your job type after purchasing a custom class. It would just be some addition to Atomic's !customclass command. For example if someone wanted to have the Hitman class, they would then have access to the !hits menu because their perspective job class is "Hitman." They would not however have access to printers because that would be an unfair advantage.

Some may argue it could be solved with a wardrobe command as well, but I think this would give more user end customization without just throwing in a playermodel swap command. In fact, this would give people who purchased a custom class a way to enter a job that may be full on the server which is good because someone who paid for a custom job should kinda be able to do that already.

Tldr, it's an opportunity for more server money at a small price of implementing and it provides more RP.

Thoughts?

Links to Addons

Reactions: Samuriy
+1 This is being worked on just slowly. The cc system is custom made now and if not done right can create incidents like the great citizen explosion. So it will take time for glorified to get things added in right.

Reactions: Samuriy and VICH
+1 This is being worked on just slowly. The cc system is custom made now and if not done right can create incidents like the great citizen explosion. So it will take time for glorified to get things added in right.
+1

Suggestion Noted
Thanks for taking the time to make a suggestion, for further questions feel free to reach out on Discord.​