Job Suggestion: Deliveryboy

jiggelypuff

User
Oct 26, 2021
Job Title: Deliveryman

Job Salary: 50$

Job Limit: 2

Category Affiliation: Citizen

Job Description: Deliver goods to people in exchange for tips! (RP Class)

Adds Permanent Law to law boards (if applicable): N/A

Job Rules: Standard citizen rules, allowed to base with businesses. Keeping packages for yourself instead of delivering them is FailRP.

Job Purpose: This job can serve as an intermediary between multiple parties
- Dealers that don't want to leave their shop and risk losing business
- Dealers that don't want to leave their printers to deal with customers outside/get mugged
- People basing that need resources but don't want to leave to get them
- People basing that are fearing for their life(mayor, hit target) but need guns/smoothies/vapes/armor

Like a bodyguard, he can go around to local businesses pitching his services, and those businesses can advert that they deliver for an additional tip. He could also set up a post office and deliver packages to people for a fee.

Weapons/Tools: Maybe a weaker version of the Sanic swep to ubereats faster?

Model (Workshop link with size of model):
Any citizen model should do

Link To Addon (if applicable):

Comments
: One issue I have with this suggestion (to play devils advocate) is a deliveryman can grief his business partner by keeping the business partner's goods for themselves instead of delivering it to the end customer. But Since alot of business jobs stay in their base and print money nowadays, I thought this could be a fun RP class besides bodyguard that solves common pain points people who are basing have.

But I think the solution to this is just to make a rule where keeping packages for yourself is FailRP, kind of like if a gun dealer keeps the customer's money without giving them a gun.

+/- This does seem like a really cool addition, but people will definitely scam a lot. It will probably be newer players who use the role, and as we all know newer players don’t like to read the rules.

+1, maybe have it so Scamming as a delivery man is a class lll? Cause I was thinking, failrp during raid/during job. This would cover terrorist not adverting monkeys not adverting, so making Scamming as a delivery boy failrp during job and to save noob time of coding it just add the rules and job description to citizen and instead of a custom job just have citizens be able to do it, coding wouldn't be required

+1 I love this, this would be a really cool addition to the server, but there has to be a rule against delivery men keeping the goods for themselves instead of delivering them.

+1 sounds really useful and pretty fun to do, a lot of people will scam tho.

+1 wish it could have a specific inventory to use, like the person would be able to deposit into the delivery person if the coding route was the way to go.

Suggestion Noted
Thank you for making a suggestion <3, this would be a nice starting job for new players :).​