Accepted John Gaylord Staff Application

John Gaylord

Moderator @ Atomic DarkRP
User
Jul 19, 2022
Username: John Gaylord

◈ Your In-Game Name: John Gaylord

Link to your Public Steam Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198215947777/

Your age (we only accept staff 15 and older): 18

Your Discord (with tag): monke#9326

Is your discord name the same as your In-Game Name on AtomicRP? No

Have you ever been warned on AtomicRP? Yes

Please detail all of your warns and bans. 3 RDM, 2 were accidental crossfire and one was a mistake on my part, 1 PropMinge/Climb, 1 FailRP, I forget what I did that was FailRP it was when I first joined the server.

How much playtime do you have on the server? ~1d, 11h

Have you read up on our rules fully? Yes

Have you read up on the (DRP) Staff Information section of the forums? Yes

Do you have a microphone and use it on a consistent basis? Yes

Do you have any prior experience staffing on other Garry's Mod servers within the past 4 years? Yes

Please detail your tenure at these other servers, include the following...
> Time on the Staff Team
> Rank (If applicable)
> Contacts from Community (If you have any)
I was Head Admin on a PoliceRP server called CrixRP, I then became Server Director for a spinoff of that server named Gateway Networks PoliceRP, and then I became Community Director for the entire Gateway Networks family of servers. These servers no longer exist which is why I'm applying to be staff again on this server

Have you previously staffed on AtomicRP? No

What is your time zone? CST

What time of the day (for you) are you usually on? Usually later in the day to late at night

Why do you want to be a part of the AtomicRP Staff Team? I believe I could be a helpful addition to the team because I notice that sometimes in the slow hours of the server there tends to be less staff and more rule breaks, and I would be able to mitigate this because I play a lot during the slow hours. Also, I enjoy this community a lot even though I am fairly new to it, and would love to go back to being staff on a gmod server again. I also want to help keep the server as cancer free as possible as I am starting to see an increase in people joining and immediately MRDMing, Minging, etc. It would be so much easier to just deal with the trolls/minges myself instead of having to make a ticket and wait sometimes long times for it to be taken care of.

Why should you be accepted onto the AtomicRP Staff Team? As I stated before, I do have previous staffing experience, I am very familiar with the server and Garry's Mod as a whole, since I have almost 1000 hours on GMod, and I can be very useful to the server users as a staff member. Also, I would be very active not just as staff but would continue to be active as a player and RPer, having positive interactions with the players. I would love staffing just as much as I love playing on the server and I don't want it just to feel some sort of power over others, I just want to help keep the server running smoothly and help the players when they feel they have been unfairly treated by someone who broke the rules.

Optional: Include any other information about yourself that you'd like the community and the management team to know about you. I hope this application explains everything you want to know, if you have any questions I will probably respond quickly, and any honest feedback to this app is appreciated and encouraged.

Last edited:
-1 Not enough effort, try to include more detail in the 2 big questions. (Why do you want to be a part of the AtomicRP Staff Team?/Why should you be accepted onto the AtomicRP Staff Team? )

EDIT: +1 was able to take in feedback and improve upon the application, nice effort, decent app.

Last edited:
-1 Not enough effort, try to include more detail in the 2 big questions. (Why do you want to be a part of the AtomicRP Staff Team?/Why should you be accepted onto the AtomicRP Staff Team? )
Gotcha, Thanks for the feedback
Edit: Put more effort into the last two questions

Last edited:
+1 You've seemed to have put in effort to improve your application. That shows you care and actually want to be staff. I'd like to see an interview done

Okay you put more effort into the application from what it seems, have a decent amount of playtime, and I've seen you around and we've talked before and you seem like a chill guy. My only concern will be the multiple different warns that you have received in the past. I'm kind of indifferent with it, I want to see what everyone else thinks.
Overall: 0 (+/-)

Okay you put more effort into the application from what it seems, have a decent amount of playtime, and I've seen you around and we've talked before and you seem like a chill guy. My only concern will be the multiple different warns that you have received in the past. I'm kind of indifferent with it, I want to see what everyone else thinks.
Overall: 0 (+/-)
The warns are mainly from me starting out and adapting to the somewhat different rules that atomic has than other servers, but I do take responsibility for them, they were my mistakes, and they are definitely a blotch on my record.

I also want to make a note, in case anyone was concerned, that I know many of you have seen me in game and I haven't been using a mic, that's only because I have covid right now and it kinda hurts to talk lol