Lower Custom Class Price From $200

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrath

User
Nov 11, 2021
Ok, so this is gonna be controversial. Most of us can agree $200 is way too much money for a custom class, right? I think it should be lowered to at LEAST $100, but I think reasonably it should be like $50, because I understand you gotta make money, but you also should be able to rent them for like $30 a month or something idk. I really just think $200 is a lot of money to put into a server and most people willing to put money into one thinks that's way too much to ask for. I kinda wanna discuss this a bit so I'm gonna make a discussion about it too.

200$ Is crazy expensive for a player model. This price tag should definitely be reduced. +1

Reactions: Terrath
few things, one it was mentioned the reason the price went so high was to mirror the potential load the custom class puts on the server. two is that the price does reduce for sales and such on holidays and events. I personally would lower the price but they do have valid reasons for it being so high.

It is not getting value for the reason of the $200 tag. Every time Noob adds a CC, it's whole new shit that has to be implemented in the server. which can harm the stability of the server. We do encourage you to buy a class whenever u feel like it. But I don't think the price will change to its former self.

few things, one it was mentioned the reason the price went so high was to mirror the potential load the custom class puts on the server. two is that the price does reduce for sales and such on holidays and events. I personally would lower the price but they do have valid reasons for it being so high.
Good to know, but I still think $200 is too high. I understand that for people who already bought it , it'd prolly be upsetting to find out about the price going down and all that but I feel $200 is drastic.

It is not getting value for the reason of the $200 tag. Every time Noob adds a CC, it's whole new shit that has to be implemented in the server. which can harm the stability of the server. We do encourage you to buy a class whenever u feel like it. But I don't think the price will change to its former self.
Yeah I was wondering how bad it was whenever the new ones were implemented. That's a fair thing to bring up, I think it depends on how bad it really is.

1. A Custom Class has a custom playermodel that must be downloaded by every player when the job is active, this results in more content being downloaded to every client.
  2. Custom Classes offer no real advantage over pre-existing jobs and are definitely not required to be purchased by any means.
  3. $200 goes towards me manually changing things with your custom class over an indefinite span of time as it is not currently automated.
  4. $200 is in-line with other servers with the player counts AtomicRP has if not on the low end.

Status
Not open for further replies.