make weekend events a thing every once in a while

Status
Not open for further replies.
+1 to the idea of weekend events happening every once in a while, -1000 to double money lol

The double money idea is just a example, like double exp weekends
I know! The idea of weekend events is excellent, but double money would destroy the economy and make turtling a much bigger problem than it already is. If there were to be events, I think it'd be nicer if they happened in the streets, or something that puts bases in more jeopardy with less consequence.

I know! The idea of weekend events is excellent, but double money would destroy the economy and make turtling a much bigger problem than it already is. If there were to be events, I think it'd be nicer if they happened in the streets, or something that puts bases in more jeopardy with less consequence.
i would like something like a strider attack or something, like I had in another server I used to play

Reactions: The Poubel
+1 We could dedicate a few members of the staff team to being in charge of this or just one.

+1 This sounds like a fun idea. Maybe it could happen on the second server because it has a higher tickrate. That would allow more adventurous events without risking crashing the main server. Also event ideas could be deathmatches or build battles or something of the like for cash/weapon prizes. Doesn't have to just be effects but actual challenges and stuff to increase community interaction. There could also be community submissions of event ideas or builds that people make to not give staff even more work than they already have. For example, if someone made an escape room base, or a parkour build, or a scavenger hunt. These already happen unofficially, but making them occasional official events would be cool. Finally, there could be rank/donator-exclusive events on occasion to incentivize supporting the server without increasing p2w.

I had a talk with Blake about this before he left, and it is possible i also think because of lag i think we should host 2 event almost simultaneously one on #1 and one on #2

Status
Not open for further replies.