nate<3 General Suggestion - Randomly weapon checking people

nate<3

Admin on AtomicRP
User
Mar 28, 2022

Suggestion Name Randomly weapon checking people

What's Being Added/Removed/Changed It should be made a rule you cant just randomly weapon check

Why It Should Be Added/Removed/Changed Cops can just go around and check you for absolutely no reason whats so ever and just because it says "you have a illegal weapon" they arrest you it ruins the point of rp. No cop in real life just pats you down or checks you because your standing there. They should need a reason on why they are weapon checking you.

Links to Addons

+1 fuck you Betto. This is the equivalent to just RDA but with extra steps, a cop comes up to you and arrests you without realizing and I can't carry a gun to defend myself or get a license cuz 80% of Mayors are dumb or don't exist

Reactions: Betto
Nate,

I agree with this proposition. Currently, the police are able to weapon search anyone without any reason or justification. Not only is this an invasion of privacy to the players, but there are also classes that spawn with weapons and players with permanent weapons, making them a constant target based on their playermodel.

A search should only be conducted under one of the two criteria:

I. The perpetrator has a warrant or is wanted.
II. The perpetrator was witnessed in action with an illegal weapon/substance by the responding officer.

This will require that weapon searches are recorded in the log system for verification, or the responding officer is required to advertise that they are searching an individual for contraband.

This would also need to be written in some sort of code of conduct for the police. This may be a possible future project.

+1

Last edited:
If cops wep check you, you can just kill them at that point.

Its a video game

+1 fuck you Betto. This is the equivalent to just RDA but with extra steps, a cop comes up to you and arrests you without realizing and I can't carry a gun to defend myself or get a license cuz 80% of Mayors are dumb or don't exist
I love you

Edit: Also a fair few cop classes can give Licenses, Jugg including. I normally give them to non-crim classes before arresting, and crims when asked for.

Suggestion Name Randomly weapon checking people

What's Being Added/Removed/Changed It should be made a rule you cant just randomly weapon check

Why It Should Be Added/Removed/Changed Cops can just go around and check you for absolutely no reason whats so ever and just because it says "you have a illegal weapon" they arrest you it ruins the point of rp. No cop in real life just pats you down or checks you because your standing there. They should need a reason on why they are weapon checking you.

Links to Addons
Conceal carry a Benelli M3, BAR, and Minigun please. Keeping unregistered large arms off the streets is my job sir o7.

That said, ice my ass if you're for sure I'm checking you. I accept that risk.

-1 Tungsten and Kill make really good points, I mean its RDA if you're arrested with a gun out, maybe our logs could tell whether a player had a license or not, it just says /setlicense right now

+1 i agree with this guy, what this guy said is simple and clear and it is not complicated to understand, we are roleplaying the job we choose, there is no police that randomly check and arrest, please just think of it, if you want to check make a checkpoint and there is a reason why its called a checkpoint but don't run after ppl checking their pockets, it doesn't make sense at all, i cant event standstill for 5 secs without gettin arrested.

please do not say get a license, it is a stupid excuse and doesn't make sense, and 90% of mayors do not know how to play if i wanna buy a license i would buy it if iam going into checkpoints or i am doing something illegal or trying to kidnap or mug people then yes a police can stop me and check my pocket. but running like a stupid all around the map checking people is really sad.

i can literally stay near the spawn checking every single one moves out of the spawn and arrest them or kill them.

if you can not understand what i am saying it is okey, at least make a cooldown or makes it load till he can check my pockets for no reason :)

also "no cop in real life pats you down just for standing there", have you seen the news buddy?

Suggestion Denied
This was an intentional change to give PD more power, get a license.
Thanks for taking the time to make a suggestion, for further questions feel free to reach out on Discord.​