Not a huge fan of the smoothie effects tbh.

Subject Delta "Δ"

User
Nov 18, 2021
The smoothie effects seem vastly overpowered to me. And yes. I've already read the suggestion denied post. Which just baffled me even more. I've never seen a DarkRP server with Invisible smoothies, and fruit slicer was one of my favorite jobs. In fact, most servers give you a trail when you're under the effect of a smoothie so it's actually obvious. I'm just in absolute awe staff thinks barreling through a defense in less than 5 seconds, while defenders are absolutely defenseless through all means except literally staring at fading doors with a double barrel is balanced. Sure, I'm a little biased as I'm a baser primarily, but damn getting your base shredded in less than 5 seconds while going to take a piss, after building a base for an hour after working all day isn't my definition of "where fun actually becomes fun."

I’m a baser too. I have like 5 printer racks running at a time. But basing is supposed to be hard. And it’s not me saying this, it’s noob. He wants basing to be hard and that’s probably why the last suggestion to remove it was denied. There are two also, a invis smoothie with the smoke and without it. But without the smoke you’re still able to see a obvious green aura on them that both have. You just can’t use certain materials or they will be 100% invisible. But yea long story short, it’s probably not gonna get changed.

Necro'ing this thread my apologies.

Yeah why is it that base building has all these hoops and guidelines to make it "fair" for the raider when the raider can just go invisible and all you can see is their gun? Also do tell me the material you use to make them not invisible or "able to see easier" because I have tried many and haven't found a single one that makes the smoothie seem "fair" to the base defenders. Also I must add, the "obvious green aura" is not obvious at all the slightest shade in game will mask them 100% and you will look like a elderly person trying to read the newspaper trying to spot them. I understand that its a daunting task to raid a well guarded base but to go invisible with no sound que or trail AND having EMP's!? Well well well why do I even bother adding doors? Just let them walk in like they are part of the group.

Edit: The smoothies make it WAY harder for the defenders and easier for the raiders especially due to emp's

Necro'ing this thread my apologies.

Yeah why is it that base building has all these hoops and guidelines to make it "fair" for the raider when the raider can just go invisible and all you can see is their gun? Also do tell me the material you use to make them not invisible or "able to see easier" because I have tried many and haven't found a single one that makes the smoothie seem "fair" to the base defenders. Also I must add, the "obvious green aura" is not obvious at all the slightest shade in game will mask them 100% and you will look like a elderly person trying to read the newspaper trying to spot them. I understand that its a daunting task to raid a well guarded base but to go invisible with no sound que or trail AND having EMP's!? Well well well why do I even bother adding doors? Just let them walk in like they are part of the group.

Edit: The smoothies make it WAY harder for the defenders and easier for the raiders especially due to emp's
If you're paying attention to your entrance and you see an EMP go off and nobody runs in, see if someone is sitting out front with a sniper. If they're not, then you have an invis boy attempting to rush you. Just shoot. The green hue is still pretty noticeable, even for a blind dumbass like myself. As for sound queues, the EMP is loud as fuck, and can more than often be heard from almost across the map. The keypad cracker also has a loud as fuck sound queue (If you have source, which most people at this point do). As for materials that would help them stick out, try having colors that contrast green. A floating gun is also kinda obvious, unless it's a pistol.

If you're paying attention to your entrance and you see an EMP go off and nobody runs in, see if someone is sitting out front with a sniper. If they're not, then you have an invis boy attempting to rush you. Just shoot. The green hue is still pretty noticeable, even for a blind dumbass like myself. As for sound queues, the EMP is loud as fuck, and can more than often be heard from almost across the map. The keypad cracker also has a loud as fuck sound queue (If you have source, which most people at this point do). As for materials that would help them stick out, try having colors that contrast green. A floating gun is also kinda obvious, unless it's a pistol.
I'm not talking about EMP sounds, I'm talking specifically about the invisible smoothies because all you have is a "obvious" aura around them and no trail/sound effect when one is used near you as this would be helpful and even it out. I think I remember games like Halo having a sound effect for going invisible/using a powerup that benefited the user and let others know that it was used.

As for watching the door I am pretty attentive even after hours of nothing happening. People randomly throw EMP's at the ground and watch them blow up or at doors as they run around just to do it. Honestly what's easier to track? Center mass on a model or a gun bobbing up and down with an invisible subject. This being said, GMOD is already a clunky mess why add all the base restrictions when there are these debatably OP raid tools?

In the past we had crouch bases, fall bases, kill-boxes and more and iirc no EMP's/Invisibility and people still successfully raided, granted it took numbers but now all it takes is 1 person with 4 grenades and a invisible smoothie and the shoe is on the other foot.

Reactions: Minionn
they kinda do cuz how are you supposed to raid a large hallway base if the defender can one shot you with a barret from miles away, you just cant.

I don't see why they couldnt add this to the base rules as killbox, fallbases, crouch bases, etc are blacklisted. I'd be perfectly fine with the removal of both invisibility smoothies and tunnel bases.

Ofc they're not, otherwise they would have been removed long ago. I necro'd this thread as the base building stipulations are in place to make it "fair" for the raider to actually raid the base. This being said it's totally fair that players with mega millions have 150HP on spawn 100 Armor shortly after and can go 95% invisible along with instant access to doors via EMP's and with shooting window rules as well. Who can see and out tank more bullets/rely on poor aim.

If you know how to build bases within the meta, you shouldn’t really have the issue of OP raiders because you have OP bases. Also, any new player can get 150 HP, they just have to join a gang. A normal EMP is 20k, a sticky EMP is 50k, a invisible smoothie is 30k, and let’s say a mean price of a gun is 40k. With this, It’d take anywhere from 150k to 270k to successfully do a raid. For a pro printer, who can make a total of $787,680 per hour(see here), they would be able to make enough money to raid about every 12 to 21 minutes. So, if someone is able to talk to others and make money at the same time, they will have all the advantages that rich players have when raiding, they just choose to not raid with their money.

Even a bad base could beat 95% of new players and also new players wouldn't know the use of the EMP/Armor/Smoothies. Also I doubt they would go immediately to raiding and IF they did they wouldn't have supplies unless they were provided by someone else that KNOWS the meta.

It is up to the player how much they dedicate into learning the server and the meta and it depends on that players mindset. Also, if they did know the meta, they wouldn’t need to be provided anything from someone that does. I listed all the costs of everything in my post above, and it is quite cheap, and a player without a rank would have access to everything they would need.