[NOX] NTS Spooky Rule Suggestion - Props in tunnels

[NOX] NTS Spooky

Trial Mod
User
Apr 25, 2022

Suggestion Type: Change to the Rules

What is getting changed?: Props in tunnels

Where does this need to be changed?: Allowing props that do not take up most of the tunnel

Why is this a good change?: i have heard and had myself told that it is not allowed after i spent an hour building a base that has a hallway at the roof of the tunnel so it doesnt restrict movement or block of stuff for other players and i didnt have anyone complain about it and i had atleast 50 people run through the tunnel i got reported to an admin because this kid got upset because he did get a successful raid which i get you can be mad but the fact i had to delete my base that yea i know now was breaking the rules but i dont see how it was a problem for anyone because i asked multiple people and they all said it was fine

i get if this doesnt change anything i just wanna share my opinion on why i think the rules need some changing

Suggestion Type: Change to the Rules

What is getting changed?: Props in tunnels

Where does this need to be changed?: Allowing props that do not take up most of the tunnel

Why is this a good change?: i have heard and had myself told that it is not allowed after i spent an hour building a base that has a hallway at the roof of the tunnel so it doesnt restrict movement or block of stuff for other players and i didnt have anyone complain about it and i had atleast 50 people run through the tunnel i got reported to an admin because this kid got upset because he did get a successful raid which i get you can be mad but the fact i had to delete my base that yea i know now was breaking the rules but i dont see how it was a problem for anyone because i asked multiple people and they all said it was fine

i get if this doesnt change anything i just wanna share my opinion on why i think the rules need some changing
No tunnel bases have been banned beacuse instead of banning all of road it was just tunnels -1

-1 we originally had no building on the street but the community didn’t like that so we went with no building in tunnels

-1 GLR8 was originally meant to prevent lag. The first instance of the rule included that building on the streets in any way was banned. The community was angered so the compromise was the removal of tunnel bases. Why? because GLR8 was made to prevent lag due to the excessive amount of props. GLR8 was created about a week ago however this issue is still prevelant which is why i’m -1ing

I believe the reason for no props in tunnels to support this Building area graph since you cant build on the main road therefore you cant build in tunnels ( the red squares )
This new rules simply meant to enforce this rule GLR2. You may not build in a way that blocks or restricts another player's ability to travel freely around the map.
Now you can make the argument that you don't do such breaking but decent amount of others do and will abuse it / exploit it and that's why rule is applied.

1651782171758.png

-1 tunnel bases should banned and we already discussed this, we start allowing this but not that and people are allowed to bend the rules which is always a pain

Suggestion Denied
Since removing building in tunnels, the clientside performance benefits we have seen from the change are too positive to go back.
Thanks for taking the time to make a suggestion, for further questions feel free to reach out on Discord.​