Accepted OJ. Staff Application

OJ.

Mod Atomic RP
User
Jul 30, 2022
Username: OJ.

◈ Your In-Game Name: OJ Simpson

Link to your Public Steam Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198055068566/

Your age (we only accept staff 15 and older): 25

Your Discord (with tag): YUG #1810

Is your discord name the same as your In-Game Name on AtomicRP? No

Have you ever been warned on AtomicRP? Yes

Please detail all of your warns and bans. I was once warned for saying the "f-word", and I was once warned for RDM because I had killed the mayor as a Police Chief, but that was a confusing situation. I mean, the mayor was pointing his 1911 in my face and threatening me. I felt bad, but did what I had to do. I faced the consequences like a man.

How much playtime do you have on the server? Approximately 31h

Have you read up on our rules fully? Yes

Have you read up on the (DRP) Staff Information section of the forums? Yes

Do you have a microphone and use it on a consistent basis? Yes

Do you have any prior experience staffing on other Garry's Mod servers within the past 4 years? No

Have you previously staffed on AtomicRP? No

What is your time zone? Central US

What time of the day (for you) are you usually on? Late night/early morning, typically between 12am and 5am

Why do you want to be a part of the AtomicRP Staff Team? Although I have not staffed a server within the past four years, when I was 15 (lord, 10 years ago now) I did administrate the STG DarkRP server for about a year. The rules for the server were very similar to Atomic, of course, and I have quite a bit of experience moderating a DarkRP server. Feel free to view my Steam screenshots, you may have to go back a bit to find them, but I have over 100 screenshots of my time as an admin on that server.

I have recently gotten back into GMOD, after many years of hiatus. I have always enjoyed the unique experience of DarkRP on GMOD. The only server I have been playing on is in fact the Atomic RP server. It is very nostalgic to me as it has many similarities to the server I spent so much time on in my youth.

I want to join the staff and assist in administrating the server so that I may give some sort of service back to the community, and help to ensure the server is a fun place for regulars and newcomers alike to enjoy the unique RP experience.

Why should you be accepted onto the AtomicRP Staff Team? I believe I would be an excellent addition as an administrator for the server. I have solid GMOD administrative experience, and more specifically I think I could be helpful to the team because of my late hours, and I can be on the server very late when many of the other staff members may already be asleep. Furthermore, if you take a look at the screenshots I mentioned regarding my time administrating STG DarkRP, you will see I was very conscious to acquire the evidence of an individual having broken the rules before taking any action. I was never once accused of admin abuse over the course of that year.

Optional: Include any other information about yourself that you'd like the community and the management team to know about you. I am a Finance student at university, in my final year. I work most of the day and enjoy playing video games in my spare time, which tends to be quite late. I do not have any pets however I really would like to get a pair of Guinea Pigs. However, I don't have a lot of extra cash at the moment so my acquisition of the rodents will have to wait some time. I badly want to move to Maui, but as one can imagine that is even more expensive than obtaining two Guinea's. I have friend's living out there, and I've been fortunate enough to visit a few times. It is quite beautiful. Unfortunately, all of my friends from my home town have moved away at this point in my life. Definitely sucks.

Finally, I will share my favorite poem, by William Henry Davies.

Leisure

What is this life, if full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
No time to stand beneath the boughs, and stare as long as sheep or cows
No time to look, when woods we pass, where squirrels hide their nuts in grass
No time to see, in broad daylight, streams full of stars, like skies at night
No time to turn, at beauties glance, and watch her feet, how they can dance
No time to see, how her mouth can, enrich the smile, her eyes began
What is this life, if full of care, we have not time to stand and stare

Thank you for considering my application,

-Daniel

Last edited:
+/- Could write more in the last question, hate speech warning has me hesitant but other staff were in a similar position.

+1 If we went on the warnings then majority of the staff team wouldn’t be on the staff team. But 31 hours is a short time for those warns. I’d like to see if you can benefit our staff team on a positive way. I believe you deserve a chance at the position and take it serious because we set examples to the regular players.

+1
  • Application is good
  • Previous staffing experience
  • Positive in game experiences with the player
Notes: Hate speech warn had me a little worried at first, but after reading the application, I believe he deserves an interview. Good luck!

Accepted for Interview
Contact EnVy#7248 on Discord within 3 days to schedule your interview.​