Denied shoot_fast_good Staff Application

shoot_fast_good

User
Apr 5, 2022
Username: shoot_fast_good

◈ Your In-Game Name: shoot_fast_good

Link to your Public Steam Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199229541229/

Your age (we only accept staff 15 and older with few exceptions): 14 (You may deny me as you please but I must ensure you I will promise to act with the upmost maturity.)

Your Discord (with tag): The crusader.#0669

Is your discord name the same as your In-Game Name on AtomicRP? No

Have you ever been warned on AtomicRP? No

How much playtime do you have on the server? 2D 5H 16M

Have you read up on our rules fully? Yes

Have you read up on the (DRP) Staff Information section of the forums? Yes

Do you have a microphone and use it on a consistent basis? Yes

Do you have any prior experience staffing on other Garry's Mod servers within the past 4 years? No

Have you previously staffed on AtomicRP? No

What is your time zone? MST

What time of the day (for you) are you usually on? Weekdays playing hours are 2PM-10PM Weekends 9/10AM-(11PM-3AM)

Why do you want to be a part of the AtomicRP Staff Team? I want to volunteer towards the AtomicRP staff team because I want to give back to the community and its members that helped me. From my personal experience a lot of people don't want to follow the simple rules provided, therefor action must be withheld. That's where applicants like myself can step in and help our community and server grow in the peaceful environment we all wish for. I love the influence staff members can have on other players no matter the amount of server time they have. If I could help that cause it would make me so happy that's the reason I wish to join. Community and helping it.

Why should you be accepted onto the AtomicRP Staff Team? I should be accepted onto this wonderful team because I am mature. Although some people think different because of my age (14) I believe just sometimes we can look past this feature and trust their actions, and my actions are nothing but good. I read the rules and try to help my fellow members understand them all the time! I try to be helpful while playing myself and bringing up the mood of others while I play. I know what I am capable of doing and I wish to show that too you as well.

Optional: Include any other information about yourself that you'd like the community and the management team to know about you. I like meeting new people and am open to the truth. If I get accepted or not I wont be sad nor happy. I will be glad that I had this experience and I will just grow with the community even more as I go on! Thank you management, for making this server a garry's mod home!

-1 age and low playtime for an exception... Get to a week and reapply again, if you can make it to then with no warns that will show us how mature you are. Have a great day!

-1 age and low playtime for an exception... Get to a week and reapply again, if you can make it to then with no warns that will show us how mature you are. Have a great day!
Thank you for the feedback Jinx! Also thank you for helping me with a lot of sits.

shoot_fast_good,

Thank you for your interest in joining the Atomic Staff team.

Your application, aside from a few misspelled words and minor phrase issues, is decent compared to others I've read. Moderators need to have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Continue to improve your sentence construction!

Your age (we only accept staff 15 and older with few exceptions):
14 (You may deny me as you please but I must ensure you I will promise to act with the upmost maturity.)
Just say your age. We don't need an explanation to follow. Also, utmost is the word you're looking for!

Before I close— I have a few questions I'd like to ask:
  1. What brought you to gmod?
  2. Are there other roleplaying games/servers you like to play?
  3. What do you think are some of the biggest challenges with moderating players on a roleplay server?
  4. What does it mean to be "observant"?

shoot_fast_good,

Thank you for your interest in joining the Atomic Staff team.

Your application, aside from a few misspelled words and minor phrase issues, is decent compared to others I've read. Moderators need to have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Continue to improve your sentence construction!

Your age (we only accept staff 15 and older with few exceptions):

Just say your age. We don't need an explanation to follow. Also, utmost is the word you're looking for!

Before I close— I have a few questions I'd like to ask:
  1. What brought you to gmod?
  2. Are there other roleplaying games/servers you like to play?
  3. What do you think are some of the biggest challenges with moderating players on a roleplay server?
  4. What does it mean to be "observant"?
What brought me to Gmod was a friend actually, funny enough he played this server so that's how I found this server. I didn't play it to long but now I'm into it full time.

I like to go to all kinds of different servers to meet new communities. One server I like is [IFN] Clone Wars.

Some of the biggest challenges with moderating can vary from many different things. One big one is hate, a lot of staff members receive hate because they have to fulfill their job and punish people witch can be troubling at times. Another one could be making decisions that could be hard to decide, like if both sides of the party could be right but you must make the final decision. In some cases it could even be problem solving or a knowledge stump. In that case people would need to reach out to the community or staff members and HRs to ask the correct questions.

To be observant is to pay attention to all. When I say "all" I don't mean everyone but everything, you need to be consistent and focused. Say your in a sit and a guy sounds really nervous in a way he may be lying, you could make that your mental note. What is means to be observant is that you can be quick to notice the correct things. You don't want to take a long time to realize somebody is lying or another person is MRDMing. You have to be quick to point things out and pay attention to everything that is happening with a quick pace to take action and not be scared.