Sister Server

TequilaSalad

User
Nov 12, 2021
NGL, the server gets buns laggy when its at max pop, borderline unplayable at times... This is something that has an effect on the experience of the players and should in my opinion be addressed. I think that a great solution would be a second server with a linked database. There would be two atomic servers, each with 100 pop. Staff would be divided among both. That way, in total there would be 200 people (more potential people to support the server) and the experience overall would certainly be improved. Thank you for reading, DMG NUTTSAX

There's not enough staff to cover a second server, there's barely enough to cover one...

Not to mention how user unfriendly having two linked servers is, what would most likely happen is that the first server would stay full all day while the second server is empty.

As for the "unplayable lag" when the server is full, AtomicRP is pushing the limits of what source engine is capable of and the performance is on par if not better than other servers with the same amount of players. Work is constantly being done behind the scenes to improve this performance.

I've had the idea for a second server since march but I've always ran into the issue of lack of staff or lack of user friendliness.

Reactions: Killuminati
There's not enough staff to cover a second server, there's barely enough to cover one...

Not to mention how user unfriendly having two linked servers is, what would most likely happen is that the first server would stay full all day while the second server is empty.

As for the "unplayable lag" when the server is full, AtomicRP is pushing the limits of what source engine is capable of and the performance is on par if not better than other servers with the same amount of players. Work is constantly being done behind the scenes to improve this performance.

I've had the idea for a second server since march but I've always ran into the issue of lack of staff or lack of user friendliness.
thank you for replying i appreciate you taking the time.... do you have any thoughts on reducing the total player pop in order to reduce stress on the server? Another idea I had was two servers with 70/80 slots instead of 100 so they would run better and would be easier to manage for the divided staff. I am sure you have thought of this a lot. Hope you can find more staff and pursue this

I have no plans on lowering the player cap as AtomicRP is already full everyday limiting new player growth, less slots would make this even worse.

Optimizations are constantly being worked on and there's hardware upgrades being done to make performance better.

In my opinion a second server has a very low chance of succeeding in the way that you're illustrating, it's just too user unfriendly for the average player to want to join the second server instead of the first one when there is no difference whatsoever.

Reactions: CAT and Killuminati