Staff overhaul/Rule overhaul

Butcher

Mod On Atomic DarkRP
User
Sep 16, 2021
1: In my short time being here and interacting with the many friendly faces I've come to enjoy spending my free time with here I've also noticed some pretty big flaws, favoritism being one and staff cliques. I've noticed groups of staff who seem to have this protection shield not by any corruption of superiors but by word of mouth alone. I saw a player getting tumbled in a conversation by staff on the forums that were in the wrong and the report was handled that way but nobody addressed the obvious misinformation the Admin gave to this player and didn't even apologize for his mistake.

2: Gray area rules we all know they are there and a pain in the ass to fix but I believe a solution would be to select 2 or 3 staff that we find to be adequate in grammar and have them dedicated to keeping the rules clean and stress free for all parties and be editors with every log and change being dated and logged for all staff and players to see

3: Another issue is the ease at which hate speech is used as a warn. Example: DaddyStuffs warn of a player for the use of the word "Retard" a word used to medically classify a group of people is now making genuine players recieve a week ban although today's social climate claims it to be offenses a mast majority or players from in game Interactions disagree with that and don't find offense and I having an extremely close relative who is retarded and has struggled all his life, his caretaker, myself and him all don't care, so why did a fully abled body person who had a bone to pick with another player?

1. if you think specific staff are bias and do not perform the job as they should please make a report or dm wilkers or unknown so that way the staff team can be better for everyone. I also wish you would be more specific about the situation are referencing.

2. rules will never be perfect but some are left purposefully vague so that way staff can take the context of the situation into their decision. we are always improving our rules and this solution you proposed is already in place.

3. you do not speak for all disabled people. i for one do not think repeatedly calling someone a "retarded queer" is appropriate by any means. if you want to call your friends retarded do so all you want we wont stop you but if you want to attack other players with those terms and they feel personally effected you will be punished. we want to make everyone in this community feel welcomed.

1. if you think specific staff are bias and do not perform the job as they should please make a report or dm wilkers or unknown so that way the staff team can be better for everyone. I also wish you would be more specific about the situation are referencing.

2. rules will never be perfect but some are left purposefully vague so that way staff can take the context of the situation into their decision. we are always improving our rules and this solution you proposed is already in place.

3. you do not speak for all disabled people. i for one do not think repeatedly calling someone a "retarded queer" is appropriate by any means. if you want to call your friends retarded do so all you want we wont stop you but if you want to attack other players with those terms and they feel personally effected you will be punished. we want to make everyone in this community feel welcomed.
1. You can't report staff without being jumped and told you were in the wrong even if you weren't (refer to the forum on AOS knives) I saw atleast 3 staff talking on a completely false rule and an absolute reach for a warn just because they felt they were in the right and I personally think EVERY SINGLE ONE Of those staffs backing the false rule should have to go back through training to continue

2.explain how that seems like a good idea to intentionally leave rules vague it sounds like we might need a new team for the rules, the staff should have discretion on the punishment not on how they interpret the rule.

3. And that's another far reach I didn't say it should be okay to be calling anyone "retarded queers" I was saying it shouldn't be "hate speech" to use a word that describes a group of people and if you don't fall under the category and take offense it isn't because you actually took offense it's because you found a common word people use as a tool to get rid of people you don't like.

1. You can't report staff without being jumped and told you were in the wrong even if you weren't (refer to the forum on AOS knives) I saw atleast 3 staff talking on a completely false rule and an absolute reach for a warn just because they felt they were in the right and I personally think EVERY SINGLE ONE Of those staffs backing the false rule should have to go back through training to continue

2.explain how that seems like a good idea to intentionally leave rules vague it sounds like we might need a new team for the rules, the staff should have discretion on the punishment not on how they interpret the rule.

3. And that's another far reach I didn't say it should be okay to be calling anyone "retarded queers" I was saying it shouldn't be "hate speech" to use a word that describes a group of people and if you don't fall under the category and take offense it isn't because you actually took offense it's because you found a common word people use as a tool to get rid of people you don't like.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210924-103124.png
    Screenshot_20210924-103124.png
    379.8 KB · Views: 100
I agree with all of these ESPECIALLY with 2. I cant believe this hasnt been solved yet when its a top 1 server, and for 3 idk why someones banned for r word (unless they did something else) when ive heard staff use this word

Ive refrained from reporting staff before because I knew the backlash I would get(even from current/former staff members), imagine reporting a hugely liked staff for something malicious that they did and have people call you wrong, stupid, "he aint do nothin wrong". Etc.

I also don't like how all staff do not have the same understanding of the rules or same idea, for example ive had staff say this base would be a failbase, then others would say its not, or if terrorist is classified as criminal or not. It could really frig over people

1. i think it seems like quite the opposite if you ask me, if you look at most staff reports there are random people replying insulting staff which is just such useless commentary. It is funny that you are calling for the heads of the staff members for enforcing a rule that they were told to enforce by their higher ups and was literally just changed last night. the rule about making melee weapons aos was in place since i was a trial mod, so it is preposterous to call for the heads of others who were following the rules to their best knowledge. if you want to re-train the whole staff team for doing as they are told, then you are welcome big man.

2. if you make the rules too specific then it takes power away from staff and gives it to people who cry about loop holes in the rules. the punishment should not be up to discretion other then a verbal or full punishment. the people deciding the rules are the upper staff team which consists of the owner, the community manager, and the super admin. staff should be trusted to handle situations with the rules they are given if they cant be trusted to the point where we need very specific rules then we shouldn't have those staff on the team.

3. i do not know why you think you can decide what personally offends people. everyone has different boundaries and to use those terms with people you dont know who might or might not feel very hurt by them is just uncalled for and immoral. like i said before, you do not determine how someone feels about something. it really is not that hard to not call people "retarded queers" especially those you dont know. we are not just banning people for saying "retard" every time with no context, devil doc has been given repeated verbal warnings for similar situations and was given the punishment he deserved. since you want to include your personal experiences i will too. i have 4 different disabled cousins and if someone called them retarded i would lose my mind, while i personally dont mind being called it you should not just use it so freely. just because it is common doesnt mean it should be. p.s. hate speech is a day ban btw.

1. i think it seems like quite the opposite if you ask me, if you look at most staff reports there are random people replying insulting staff which is just such useless commentary. It is funny that you are calling for the heads of the staff members for enforcing a rule that they were told to enforce by their higher ups and was literally just changed last night. the rule about making melee weapons aos was in place since i was a trial mod, so it is preposterous to call for the heads of others who were following the rules to their best knowledge. if you want to re-train the whole staff team for doing as they are told, then you are welcome big man.

2. if you make the rules too specific then it takes power away from staff and gives it to people who cry about loop holes in the rules. the punishment should not be up to discretion other then a verbal or full punishment. the people deciding the rules are the upper staff team which consists of the owner, the community manager, and the super admin. staff should be trusted to handle situations with the rules they are given if they cant be trusted to the point where we need very specific rules then we shouldn't have those staff on the team.

3. i do not know why you think you can decide what personally offends people. everyone has different boundaries and to use those terms with people you dont know who might or might not feel very hurt by them is just uncalled for and immoral. like i said before, you do not determine how someone feels about something. it really is not that hard to not call people "retarded queers" especially those you dont know. we are not just banning people for saying "retard" every time with no context, devil doc has been given repeated verbal warnings for similar situations and was given the punishment he deserved. since you want to include your personal experiences i will too. i have 4 different disabled cousins and if someone called them retarded i would lose my mind, while i personally dont mind being called it you should not just use it so freely. just because it is common doesnt mean it should be. p.s. hate speech is a day ban

3. i do not know why you think you can decide what personally offends people. everyone has different boundaries and to use those terms with people you dont know who might or might not feel very hurt by them is just uncalled for and immoral. like i said before, you do not determine how someone feels about something. it really is not that hard to not call people "retarded queers" especially those you dont know. we are not just banning people for saying "retard" every time with no context, devil doc has been given repeated verbal warnings for similar situations and was given the punishment he deserved. since you want to include your personal experiences i will too. i have 4 different disabled cousins and if someone called them retarded i would lose my mind, while i personally dont mind being called it you should not just use it so freely. just because it is common doesnt mean it should be. p.s. hate speech is a day ban btw.
1. We aren't talking about the regular players on the forums I'm talking about STAFF, and the rule was in place for over 5 hours so if we have these staff working on the rules and posting them real time as they get updated how did that miscommunication happen? See? I'm not just trying to be bitter I'm genuinely making an effort to suggest what I feel would greatly help as suppose to the opposite, and the only real friction I expect to get on my personal journey to weed out the bad staff is by the staff that are worried

2.rules going into details on a server have NEVER IN MY GAMING AND ADMINISTRATING CAREER Caused an issue or backlash unless the rule was improperly worded or typed and the thought that having "vague" rules in any way would help as oppose to fight you every step of the way is delusional and has proven to be over the week I've been here false, staff are disappointed and players are and if you just give me another defensive reply instead of adding to this discussion I'll kindly take to ignoring you on this thread from here on out, I want a conversation not an argument

3. Okay so the word retard can be used amongst friends, you said it I could quote it any time, now say I call my friend a retard in the streets after just have been told by you I could and someone took offense and reported me, who would be at fault? Rules based on political and emotional reasoning do not belong on a game such as Gmod unless you WANT issues like these

To be fair. When I gave him that warn it was still not allowed to make laws to aos for permanent weapons. So that is not an over step of power. The new rule was put in place well after I gave that warn. And you have had interaction with me. Do I seem like the person who like to just hand out warns? No I give many verbal warns. One of the big reasons he got a warn was because how he acted in the sit.

Reactions: Butcher
To be fair. When I gave him that warn it was still not allowed to make laws to aos for permanent weapons. So that is not an over step of power. The new rule was put in place well after I gave that warn. And you have had interaction with me. Do I seem like the person who like to just hand out warns? No I give many verbal warns. One of the big reasons he got a warn was because how he acted in the sit.
No and I never intended to bash you it was simply to point out the flawed rule and staff system and how I think if we implemented DEDICATED staff to the position of upholding the integrity and understandability of the rules and to give a server wide announcement when rules are changed or reworded and to weed out staff who are acting immature or put of line (on duty)

How it was handled I don't agree with but as for you as staff I've never had any issue besides that

All I’m going to comment on is the rules part. Grey area makes for disputes between staff when it comes to punishment. A TMOD will say one thing and a mod will say the other. It all comes to how the staff hierarchy is set up. Rules need to be set in stone. There shouldn’t be grey areas at all, all it leads to is problems.