Sting

User
Apr 23, 2022

Job Name Orangutan

Job Salary 5

Job Limit 12

Job Group Weird Jobs

Would this job need special rules? No

Job Purpose You are an orangutan, you are peaceful, and you would never hurt a fly. All you do is sit around, sing, and eat bananas.

As Orangutan, you can:

- RP as monke
- Build jungle bases
- Buy fruit (only bananas)
- Use Wowozela

Job Weapons/Tools Physics Gun
Gravity Gun
Wowozela
Tool Gun

Workshop Model https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2789509655&searchtext=

Misc. Info I think its kinda stupid that there's only one option for a monkey playermodel, and there can only be one at a time, and you have to pay for it. If this does get accepted as a job I think it should be a free job, appearing in the weird jobs category in the f4 menu. No paying for supporter or vip/vip+. To counter this, orangutans cant freely mass rdm people every 5 minutes.

wowozela swep (for singing) https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=108170491

-1 We already have Murder Monkey that can RP as a monkey, it also has the job desc of rping as a monkey, do we need more than one of this?
first of all doc, yes, yes we do. its bullshit that there can only be one monkey roaming the city streets at a time. also, you have to... pay.. for monke?!?! fuckin yucky yucky ew ew am i right fellas?

anyways, if you read the job description past the first line you might notice the fact that orangutans can base, well they cant really put anything valuable in the base so its more of a lounge spot specifically for the primates. meanwhile, murder monkey cant base at all, and there's only one murder monkey allowed, and you have to fucking pay to get the ability to play murder monkey.

the ability to buy bananas is kinda useless but could lead to some funny rp scenarios (a fruit slicer trying to get into an orangutan base to steal all their bananas, for example), AND they can use the wowozela, which regular murder monkey cant, and i've seen servers with this addon where there's multiple people using it at once, trust me, its not a performance killer.

my final point is all the immensely funny scenarios multiple monkeys on the server could bring. seeing a ragdoll fly across the map after a hit from the machete gets a little old after the 1000th time you've seen it. think of all the things that can happen with a horde of 12 monkeys. A kidnapper kiddnaping all the monkeys in town to open a zoo, a murder monkey leading a horde throughout town to scream at whoever it desires, the orangutans having a war with the dogs and the cats and the sharks, a war of the animals if you will.

i hope these 4 paragraphs have changed your mind and gives reason for why there should be another free monkey job.

• Haha
Reactions: Wacomoley and Doc
Suggestion Noted
The dynamic of having a free range group of monke building jungle houses and making monke noises sounds very appealing.
Hell, could follow the same sort of dynamic as the Doritos with the Monkeys and another group.
Thanks for taking the time to make a suggestion, for further questions feel free to reach out on Discord.​

Reactions: Wacomoley and Sting