Changes to the Hobo's mic spamming

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Poubel

User
Feb 3, 2022
As per right now, Hobos are allowed to micspam. Initially this wasn't a problem, them being annoying is part of the class.

However, as time went on, I realized that some players use this feature to actively noise pollute the audio channels so heavily that it's impossible to ignore and talk around them. That includes awful screeches, loud static noises and intentionally overblown speech.

I don't believe mic spamming should encompass audio that could hurt someone's hearing or completely block off communication channels beyond the possibility of ignoring hobos. I also think that muting players is too much of a paliative method to solve the problem, as those people lose the chance to communicate when they change classes.

With that in mind, I'd suggest allowing mic spamming beyond a reasonable level to be reportable to the admins, or allowable of killing the hobo after three warnings, followed by NLRs, followed by a report if not respected.

It's one thing to be annoyed, it's another not being able to talk to people at all.

You are able to press TAB, scroll down the the hobos name, click on it, and press mute.
Indeed, but as I mentioned, that doesn't solve the problem as its a reactive solution that impedes that player to communicate once they stop being a hobo, in this case. My problem mainly is with the possibility of someone being hurt or chat disturbance too massive to work around of.

Mute button exists and your getting pressed over hobos doing their job.
Again, it's not about the mic spamming, but moreso the edge cases where it's extremely severe and disruptive. Plus, it's not really about getting pressed - it was actually hurting my ears!

However, since the consensus up to now is to just mute them, I'll resort to that. (But the conversation is still open :) )

+/- what pot said, maybe there could be a less tedious way of muting the hobo? (chat command, button on context menu to automatically mute and/or unmute all players who become hobo, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.