SWAT Officer, FBI Agent, SWAT Commander, PD Commander require certain amount of playtime in order to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuteboi

User
Jun 12, 2021
Reasoning
Due to the higher grade weapons these classes have, its extremely common for them to be used by players looking to mass RDM. Since most MRDMers are not regulars on the server and are usually just people who pop in from other servers to troll, limiting new players access to higher weapons would cut down on the amount of MRDM, while also ensuring that only experienced players are playing higher tier cop roles.

Regular Government roles like Mayor and PD Officer would still be playable by new players as they do not have access to fully automatic weapons at spawn.

Time requirement
Anywhere from 1-12 hours should be enough playtime for people to get the higher tier PD roles.

Reactions: Idot

This idea was already shot down.

Yeah but honestly I agree most of the time people made as those job types so playing for atlwast 12 hours would be nice

Thats a shit reason for it being shot down. The only requirement for MRDM is 3 kills. Most MRDMing Cops i see will stack 5-8 kills before admins get there, and with none on duty, they just do it forever. If no admins are on at all, I've seen it get pretty bad to where you cant walk outside. If you create a requirement for these jobs, anyone MRDMing would have to buy weapons. Once they are out of money, they would be unable to MassRDM and then admins could take the time to respond.

Mayor, Mayors wife, and police officer are fine. But any government job with an automatic weapon should require playtime.

Dunno why wilkers shot it down earlier. Not exaggerating, every member of the community I have talked to about this has agreed with me that they need to restrict SWAT/FBI etc so people dont MRDM but still allow Police Officer and Mayor so new people can play.

If more than one suggestion about this has already been made they should seriously consider their reasons for not changing it.

Last edited:
I was told unless there is a overwhelming request for the change then it wont happen. If you can get a lot of votes for it then maybe they will change it.

Ill give it a +1 tho

I was told unless there is a overwhelming request for the change then it wont happen. If you can get a lot of votes for it then maybe they will change it.

Ill give it a +1 tho
Votes are a bit redundant because most people who are on the forums only sign up for ban appeals and staff reports. I think the fact that two people have already made threads within a very short time about this shows that staff should take this suggestion seriously.

Thank you for agreeing tho

Last edited:
1627623731482.png

Takes less that 10 seconds for 3 players to agree with me

Last edited:
This would be cool, on Arma 3 life rp, they had it to where if you wanted to be a part of the police force you had to put in an application and you had to follow rules as an officer and whatnot. You were limited to what you could do as a Cadet officer such as you could only stay at the prison, and you could only use a pistol. Once you hit the TIG (time in grade) of 3 you were eligible for promotion given that you had done all of your training and you'd be promoted to the first rank to where you were allowed to get your first primary. And once you hit 7 days of TIG you hit the next rank, and then you had access to more stuff and you could do more things.

Not saying that PD should be this in-depth or anything like that, more or less just would be cool to see something like this as I've never seen a Gmod server have anything like this. You could have it that after you hit 12 hours of playtime you are eligible to take the role of Cadet officer. And once you have 4 hours of playing as the CDT officer job, you then have access to the Corporal officer job where you had a different gun or something.

It wouldn't have to be like this, this was just an example. Just saying that it would be super cool to see officers that really did their job and didn't just run up and arrest you because your shoes were untied lol

+1 from me!

Status
Not open for further replies.