Dax's Rule Suggestion

Yung Dax

User
Oct 3, 2021
I would like to suggest redefining Atomic's meanings of the acronyms "RDM" and "ARDM" or "attempted RDM."
First, let me share an image from a report. (censored player names. Also deleted the video. I noticed I missed the link.)
atomicproofedit.PNG

I think this is absurd. It has been long known that any damage for no valid reason, regardless of whether it kills you or not, is a random deathmatch. It is not an attempt. It is a fully successful attack that depleted the target's health. Attempting to deathmatch with someone would be trying to shoot them and missing every opportunity to deal damage. Besides, unless a job role specifies it, randomly attacking is obnoxious. It would be unnecessary to warn someone had "ARDM" been outlined and outlawed in the rules. It is counter-intuitive to allow ARDM to erupt and then have the player get a warning for doing something that is technically is not even defined.

Even if Atomic kept with its current definition of RDM, that is such an easy thing to loophole if you have at least 1 clanmate beside you as in my report. The first guy can just attack you once without killing you after which you likely attack back. Then, all he has to do is do nothing and let his clanmate legally RDM you through a loophole. We know it is RDM but due to a technicality, it's overlooked and the report was seemingly a waste of time.

Please, fix this loophole somehow. I don't care if the current definition of RDM stays, it was RDM with extra steps.

Last edited:
-1 If you get hit, you can just kill the guy that killed you. How it is currently is fine.

-1 i understand your frustration but its called a death match for a reason

-1 I get being upset but attempted would be stupid. If you are in a shoot out and someone shoots another person on accident they could call a sit and get that person in trouble

MASSARDM incoming?

-1 If you get hit, you can just kill the guy that killed you. How it is currently is fine.
That's revenge RDM, though. Petty joke aside, I get this. This is common sense.
-1 i understand your frustration but its called a death match for a reason
Is this a DarkRP server or an FFA Deathmatch server from HL2: DM? Respectfully, It would be nice if some boundaries were set to restrict something like this. I stand by what I said: "I don't care if the current definition of RDM stays, it was RDM with extra steps." Even the mentioning of this suggestion is already implanting this new idea, an RDM loophole, into other players' minds. Clanmate 1 does a small, non-lethal hit, clanmate 2 finishes off the target after attempted retailiation.
-1 I get being upset but attempted would be stupid. If you are in a shoot out and someone shoots another person on accident they could call a sit and get that person in trouble

MASSARDM incoming?
Let's pretend I could care less about ARDM. It was RDM but with more steps so that it was technically legal. That "someone shoots another person on accident they could call a sit" is a common occurrence that reaches outside this community even. It takes no effort for 2 or 3 new trolls who come to this realization to abuse this type of thing; pretending to fire upon 1 another in an effort to hit collateral shots on purpose.

I can already see this post is going downhill since it appears, thus far, everyone is happy with ARDM being totally acceptable with the possibility of getting a light verbal warning. This is why people should capture evidence for their ARDM/RDM case. I'm confident some of you guys can feel the immorality of these circumstances which makes me somewhat satisfied.

ARDM could be a reportable offense if the victim has sufficient evidence, preferably a video. Seeing as this server has staff discretion, it could be left up to that. If someone disagrees, they could just file a report for further examination. Honestly, I can't provide much more backbone to my view. I've pointed out the issue, a couple of possible solutions, and made an attempt to see the opposing view. Most of the feedback so far is the same thing: "just kill them back." I can't exactly disagree, but it shouldn't have to come down to that.

Thanks,
Dax

"I've given her all she's got, captain." -Scotty

Suggestion Denied
Due to the # of downvotes, this suggestion has been Denied. Thanks for making a suggestion <3.​