Problems with Atomic That Need To Be Addressed

genevausernameinuse

User
Jun 16, 2022
1. Witchhunting Reporting/Punishments
If multiple staff members can agree that a player is being witchhunted, why does the player need to provide a litany of evidence that amounts to a class 2 warn that means nothing?
If a player is being harassed to the point where they need to report it, it becomes more of a problem than an RDM because it's a constant issue, so it should be at least a class III. It is simply not a good and fair system to players that are being constantly harassed.
2. Player Advert Warns
This system is completely broken. I have been warned for rdm for warning a player and stepping forward the width of a sidewalk because i was "chasing the player". Another issue with this is if a player is going to places that you are also going to. If they do that, and you warn them, both using adverts and verbally, it is still considered RDM. This is another unfair system that is ripe for abuse and I've had multiple 'bullshit' warns over it. I've even had instances where the player saw my warns but because they turned their mouse so that their back was facing towards me, I wasn't "notifying the player" and was warned for RDM.
3. Sit Baiting
Sit baiters are people who try to find any little thing to report a player on, to the point of harassment. They also intentionally bait a player into breaking the rules by abusing technicalities like the shove not being damage (despite being used to damage players by pushing them off ledges or harassing them), or abusing the terrible player advert warn system on this server (That never seems to work in the player's favor). If the admins know that a player is actively harassing the entire server or specific players on the server with sits, this should be a warnable offense.
4. Blacklist Reason Communication
If a player is blacklisted, the only way to appeal it is to know what you did. If you're blacklisted, that information isn't shown anywhere. You have to ask management. I spent almost a month trying to figure out why I was blacklisted from the server, but was ignored by both Noob and Wilkers, despite messages on the forums, and messages on Discord. This information shouldn't be held like a secret so that players that have had unfair blacklists can dispute them quickly.
5. Attempted RDM should not be considered RDM
Sit baiters use this to get people warned for class 3 RDM despite only being shot once and not killed. If you're going to punish people for accidentally hitting the wrong person during a gunfight, it shouldn't be a class 3 warn. It's unfair. This wasn't a rule until recently and it's completely bullshit. You try getting into a gunfight by PD without accidentally shooting someone with over 100 players on the server. Try it.
6. Unraidable Bases Due To Party Sizes
Bases are completely unraidable on server 2 because there are just so many players in one base. It's completely unfair to expect a solo raider to be able to raid a base with 15 people in it. It's borderline impossible, even with a bad base design. If the size of the attacking party is also a problem, then limit the size of a raiding party too. But you cannot reasonably expect even a god tier player to be able to take down 15 player defended bases with armor and healing vapes.
7. Player Reports Are Not Private
If a player reports someone, that should be between them and the staff. Having it be public leads to witchhunting, and it's happened to me. I report a player, and he and his friends see it, then I get witchhunted. It should not be that way.
8. Reports on Cheating Players
I don't understand how a player is supposed to provide evidence of someone hacking. Unless you're able to hack into their PC and inspect their files, or are able to see damage logs, it is impossible to provide proof of cheats. I reported a player for this and my ticket was closed because of a lack of evidence. How the hell is anyone supposed to provide evidence of that?
9. Hitboxes on CCs
Every CC has a ridiculously large hitbox. I understand that this is to prevent playermodel hitbox abuse, but isn't that why there are rules on custom CCs to begin with? It is completely unviable to use a CC because you can be shot from the width of a car despite having a citizen sized playermodel.
10. New Players on Kidnapper
New players often don't know the rules on the server and are instantly given access to kidnapper. This results in constant instances of kidnap spam, and surprise kidnaps. This class should only be accessible after 12 hours of play, like Adv Dupe 2.
11. Street Builds Near Fountain
Coming out into Plaza on this map is awful. The streets are completely filled up with KOS on props builds all over the streets making the map a hassle to traverse. This should be reworked in some way to prevent abuse.

I hope at least some of these issues get addressed.

1. People being harassed must call a sit. That’s the only way justice is served. It must be clipped if it’s verbal abuse. Rp actions back to back is witch-hunting.

If someone is genuinely doing that. Each warn increases in severity. I never seen someone continue witch-hunting after the first warn personally.

2. Clip each each time you advert warn & kill. This resolves that issue. People abuse advert warn sometimes. I even did that in the past. Clip it when being the victim & the perpetrator.

We won’t be making it easier for people to abuse it.

3. Sit baiting will never be a thing rule wise. People are supposed to know the rules. The staff is suppose to assume that when someone joins they read the rules.

It’s staff discretion. I verbal when it’s obviously a troll.

4. Don’t say anything crazy about children, don’t use third party software, don’t evade ban with alt. If someone gets blacklisted, that’s on them. Make a blacklist appeal, then reason & evidence is given privately.

5. Attempted rdm must be a thing otherwise people will abuse it. I personally have seen people try & troll using it. That won’t be changing

6. Party sizes were already reduced. Get friends, raid together. We won’t be reducing party sizes for the sake of your solo raids.

7. Call staff if someone is witch-hunting legitimately. Just like the perpetrator is allowed to defend themselves in sits, they are allowed to see all player reports to make sure they have the ability to defend themselves.
This won’t be changing.

8. It makes no sense to not need proof. Clips & higher staff can spectate. Someone got banned for this the other day. When we spectate, we can easily see if hacks are being used. Call staff & clip evidence.

9. Valid point. This has been addressed though. It’s this way because custom models come in different sizes. It’s not possible right now to have each model be different hit box size.

10. Call staff. This usually fixes the issue.

11. Call staff. If it’s a real issue, we resolve it. It’s up to noob whether he wants to allow it or not. Once again call staff if it’s actually blocking off traffic.

Last edited:
Reactions: SPA P2W
11. Street Builds Near Fountain
Coming out into Plaza on this map is awful. The streets are completely filled up with KOS on props builds all over the streets making the map a hassle to traverse. This should be reworked in some way to prevent abuse.
woopsie i guess my kos base was adressed

9. Hitboxes on CCs
Every CC has a ridiculously large hitbox. I understand that this is to prevent playermodel hitbox abuse, but isn't that why there are rules on custom CCs to begin with? It is completely unviable to use a CC because you can be shot from the width of a car despite having a citizen sized playermodel.
its a gmod model its hitbox is the error sign you cant change that

5. Attempted RDM should not be considered RDM
Sit baiters use this to get people warned for class 3 RDM despite only being shot once and not killed. If you're going to punish people for accidentally hitting the wrong person during a gunfight, it shouldn't be a class 3 warn. It's unfair. This wasn't a rule until recently and it's completely bullshit. You try getting into a gunfight by PD without accidentally shooting someone with over 100 players on the server. Try it.
they performed a rp action of random deathmatch

6. Unraidable Bases Due To Party Sizes
Bases are completely unraidable on server 2 because there are just so many players in one base. It's completely unfair to expect a solo raider to be able to raid a base with 15 people in it. It's borderline impossible, even with a bad base design. If the size of the attacking party is also a problem, then limit the size of a raiding party too. But you cannot reasonably expect even a god tier player to be able to take down 15 player defended bases with armor
just a reminder partys used to 25 player size which was unraidable 15 is raidable its how the base is designed or on or anothers skill level for raiding

Pixel Pioneer, I disagree with some of your points.
  • You said you never saw anyone witch-hunt after the first warn. That’s not true from my own experience. Witch-hunting is common and the class 2 warn is not enough to stop it since the troll knows it's a joke of a punishment.
  • The advert warn system is broken. It’s meant to stop harassment, but sit-baiters use it to trap the warner into an admin sit. They exploit the ambiguity of the system and then report the warner for RDM. For example, if someone's harassing you, you warn them to leave. But they stay nearby, then come back and harass you again in a different location. You warn and kill them, and then they get you in trouble for RDM because of the unclear chase rule. That’s unfair. The system should be fixed.
  • You said it’s staff discretion to verbal trolls. But most staff don’t do that. They have to warn or they risk getting reported, unless they are high-ranking. If staff were more lenient with victims of sit-baiters, I wouldn’t have made this post. Sit-baiters are the worst since they knowingly waste the time of the staff, and antagonize the playerbase. There are no rules in place to empower staff to be able to deal with these problem players or protect the playerbase from them.
  • You said proof is needed and staff can spectate when it comes to reporting a cheating player. But a video of a kill is not proof of hacks. It’s useless for the report since it doesn't prove anything, it just shows you dying. If multiple players suspect someone of cheating, staff should check the damage logs. Hacks can avoid detection with spectate detectors and other methods. The better way to catch cheaters is through damage logs. Cheaters can't bypass those. Staff should be trained better on this.
  • Calling staff for kidnapper issues is only a band-aid. This is a daily hassle with new players. Noob solved this by locking perma weapons on some classes for players with less than 12 hours. Kidnappers should be locked too to prevent abuse. Kidnaps are easily the most frustrating mechanic in the server and it doesn't make sense to allow new players who don't know the rules to have access to kidnapping when it's constant problem.

Pixel Pioneer, I disagree with some of your points.
  • You said you never saw anyone witch-hunt after the first warn. That’s not true from my own experience. Witch-hunting is common and the class 2 warn is not enough to stop it since the troll knows it's a joke of a punishment.
  • The advert warn system is broken. It’s meant to stop harassment, but sit-baiters use it to trap the warner into an admin sit. They exploit the ambiguity of the system and then report the warner for RDM. For example, if someone's harassing you, you warn them to leave. But they stay nearby, then come back and harass you again in a different location. You warn and kill them, and then they get you in trouble for RDM because of the unclear chase rule. That’s unfair. The system should be fixed.
  • You said it’s staff discretion to verbal trolls. But most staff don’t do that. They have to warn or they risk getting reported, unless they are high-ranking. If staff were more lenient with victims of sit-baiters, I wouldn’t have made this post. Sit-baiters are the worst since they knowingly waste the time of the staff, and antagonize the playerbase. There are no rules in place to empower staff to be able to deal with these problem players or protect the playerbase from them.
  • You said proof is needed and staff can spectate when it comes to reporting a cheating player. But a video of a kill is not proof of hacks. It’s useless for the report since it doesn't prove anything, it just shows you dying. If multiple players suspect someone of cheating, staff should check the damage logs. Hacks can avoid detection with spectate detectors and other methods. The better way to catch cheaters is through damage logs. Cheaters can't bypass those. Staff should be trained better on this.
  • Calling staff for kidnapper issues is only a band-aid. This is a daily hassle with new players. Noob solved this by locking perma weapons on some classes for players with less than 12 hours. Kidnappers should be locked too to prevent abuse. Kidnaps are easily the most frustrating mechanic in the server and it doesn't make sense to allow new players who don't know the rules to have access to kidnapping when it's constant problem.
yap yap yap

3. Sit Baiting
Sit baiters are people who try to find any little thing to report a player on, to the point of harassment. They also intentionally bait a player into breaking the rules by abusing technicalities like the shove not being damage (despite being used to damage players by pushing them off ledges or harassing them), or abusing the terrible player advert warn system on this server (That never seems to work in the player's favor). If the admins know that a player is actively harassing the entire server or specific players on the server with sits, this should be a warnable offense.

I agree completely

3. Sit Baiting

I agree completely
Abuse of the @ticket system is already a rule, however calling tickets on someone to get them in trouble is just a part of the game.