Make Printers Stay After Disconnecting

BabaYaga

User
Aug 29, 2021
So many times I will raid a new player and they will just DC taking their printers with them. Add an hour+ of time before the printers disappear when someone disconnects. I don't believe that this would add to any of the lag not many players own printers on this server.

Reactions: Killuminati357
I like this idea and I've had it since the creation of AtomicRP, however due to the amount of players/entities on the server I don't think this would be the best idea considering that we're already at the hard limit on that. Also to respond to the last part saying "not many players own printers on this server." I disagree with this fully as at any given time there are 30-40 people printing which I would not consider a small amount. I'm still open to hearing people's opinion on this though so feel free to respond.

Reactions: Mouradxd
Maybe do 5 minutes. So that if someone changes job or disconnects in the middle of the raid you still have time to get in take the money it has and blow them up for a bit of extra cash

Reactions: DouBlin
The player who spawned the printers might also just change job to one that doesn't support printers instead of disconnecting, bearing the same results. Printers disappearing on job change would need tweaking as well but this would probably be abused by people wanting printers on non-criminal jobs. Hard problem to solve.

Edit:
I think 5 minutes is too short, maybe an hour is more fair.

I really like the idea but I also agree and understand why noob has not wanted to make this a thing. I do like the idea of them sticking around for 10-30 mins that atleast gives people a chance to collect some money in the event of some one rage quiting from a raid.

On an old server I used to play on they had it where if you pocket them and they dc they stay in-game but if the person rejoins they get deleted and idk if that'd work here but just throwing my own info in.

I think 5 minutes is a reasonable time to stop people from rage quitting mid raid if they lose

-1 no you could glitch it with a friend to get a million printers and too many entites

Maybe do 5 minutes. So that if someone changes job or disconnects in the middle of the raid you still have time to get in take the money it has and blow them up for a bit of extra cash
Agree, do 5 mins