Server Suggestions

Bulbasaur

#1 Senior Mod
User
Aug 10, 2023
Flordia
steamcommunity.com
This got drown out in suggestions so I am going to post it here.

The main complaint that I have with Atomic is that the game becomes stale. The people are what keeps Gmod intresting, as it always has been. But it could be even better if we had a genuine purpose to play.
As of now the current “meta” is to throw up a base, print; and watch your money go up. Money carries no weight on the server and that’s honestly not the problem. It’s just how boring it is to get it.
We should have fun with the money system and make things worth doing. Stop making city worker run around the map looking for stuff for a 8k payout, when you make 8k on a printer in under 10 seconds. Stop making trashman collect 700kg of trash for a 50k payout that can be stolen from the machine that you can’t block. Add more jobs and more things to do.
The same 5 things are boring now. Even when you bring up the argument of “Just gamble, Just sell guns” All that money has to come from somewhere. And Currently we only have these real sources of income.
Salary From Jobs
Pizza Chef
Trashman
Hitman auto generated hits
Professional Printer
Normal Printers
Weed Grower
Fireworks
That means all the money you see floating around the server came from this list of jobs.
This is why I propose we should add jobs, take some out, make some on a rotation, buff them when they are in rotation. This will encourage players to want to actually try new things instead of just seeing them as a waste of time. Which they really are a waste when you think about how much printers make in an hour.
I know that I have seen countless suggestions for a job to be added, perhaps it’s time to start implementing them. I think the fruit ninja would be a great start.

Last edited:
+1 Please add more jobs because even I can agree with this. I'm at a point where I just run around as a citizen.

there are so many more sources of income if you are creative, a good chunk of how i made all my money was by doing my own games i created ex three lives
just be creative

there are so many more sources of income if you are creative, a good chunk of how i made all my money was by doing my own games i created ex three lives
just be creative
As I stated in my post. There is only those jobs listed that can actually GENERATE money on the server. It's not the lack of things to do with money, it's how to get it. Yes I know you can create games and EARN money that way. But it's not about earning money, it's adding more diversity to GENERATING it.