Raiding and basing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kappalda

User
Mar 28, 2022
Yo, im quite new to the server and i feel the raiding needs to be changed to make it more fair. if someone is solo raiding they should still have to advert it, the reason i think this is because that same solo player can completely dismantle every code lock and door using one UMP grenade in under a second and run through the whole base because they payed a premium to run 2x faster. for starter players its incredibly hard to do anything against raiders, especially when the attacker is basically "pay to win". having 4 code doors is useless when the attacker can pay $5 or $1 mil just to a grenade that can deactivate it all. can anything be done to make raiding more balanced?

Like its just *Pays 500k for a printer* *gets back 500k from printer after 2 hours* *gets raided and loses printer* *restart process*

-1 just use a good base and you will find out that basing has a big advantage over the person raiding

-1 just use a good base and you will find out that basing has a big advantage over the person raiding
its pretty hard to build a base when the prop limit is 40, i know its to stop lag but my tiny base took all my prop space.

This is quite balanced already, you are just looking at it the wrong way.

First off, people who have donated to the server do not have 2x speed. The only jobs on the server that have increased speed are sonic the police department.

Second, raiding is already very defender sided, even with EMPS raiding is challenging. The main counter for EMPS would be building a base with doors that are spread out. A good example of this would be the connection from beach to residential and the area right next to the sit room. If you were to spread your doors out in one long pathway, it would take more EMPS and more time for the player to then reach your main entrance. Just keep in mind, if it’s too long it will become against the rules. Another thing is that solo raiding is a challenge. Well a challenge If you are raiding a very well built base. The only way I’ve ever really seen a solo raider win is if the base sucks, people are afk, or if they are able to just charge in fast enough (One player is able to consistently do this successfully.

TLDR
These issues will seem less prevalent as you continue playing the server and learning how to counter the “meta”

Reactions: Glazzing
its pretty hard to build a base when the prop limit is 40, i know its to stop lag but my tiny base took all my prop space.
In the base dupes area of the forums there are good bases that won't die to one emp

First off, people who have donated to the server do not have 2x speed. The only jobs on the server that have increased speed are sonic the police department.

Second, raiding is already very defender sided, even with EMPS raiding is challenging. The main counter for EMPS would be building a base with doors that are spread out. A good example of this would be the connection from beach to residential and the area right next to the sit room. If you were to spread your doors out in one long pathway, it would take more EMPS and more time for the player to then reach your main entrance. Just keep in mind, if it’s too long it will become against the rules. Another thing is that solo raiding is a challenge. Well a challenge If you are raiding a very well built base. The only way I’ve ever really seen a solo raider win is if the base sucks, people are afk, or if they are able to just charge in fast enough (One player is able to consistently do this successfully.

TLDR
These issues will seem less prevalent as you continue playing the server and learning how to counter the “meta”
i understand but i still feel like solo basing is impossible, ill just stop making bases.

TLDR
I think for the speed he probs just got raided by a guy on meth or that took a smoothie

i understand but i still feel like solo basing is impossible, ill just stop making bases.
Don’t stop making bases, just start making them in ways you notice or think could counter the meta. Don’t just give up because it doesn’t work. And if it doesn’t, you can probably find someone to base with

-1 There are no speed boosts for donator ranks other then Sanic, also anyone can buy EMP or sticky EMP nades. Just space out your doors and peak wisely.

Status
Not open for further replies.