General Suggestion TVG_Core - Harrassment/New Rule

Benny Benson

User
Feb 27, 2022

Suggestion Name Harrassment/New Rule

What's Being Added/Removed/Changed Add a new rule pertaining to harrasment

Why It Should Be Added/Removed/Changed I have come across many times where people or even groups of people harrass others. I feel like this rule being a class 1 or a class 3 as someome being harrassed can really de-motivate them, especially when its continous. In any way this helps people keep a positive mindset and shit talking/trashing people should be allowed, only punishable when it gets to an exstensive or even harmful level.

Links to Addons

-1 I don't see how harassing someone over the internet in an online video game can be harmful or extensive, you can just mute people and ignore them

-1 I don't see how harassing someone over the internet in an online video game can be harmful or extensive, you can just mute people and ignore them
That is not possible when you have signs put up, whole gangs targeting and harassing. This just stops the thought of it even happening. Also with the mute function never being told about some dont even know it exists

It's already defined as witchhunting

A2. Be respectful to other players and do not go out of your way to ruin other players experiences on our server. Witchhunting (deliberate harassment with intent to ruin another player's experience) is Not Allowed.
Witchhunting encompasses but is not limited to...
> Constantly engaging in RP actions towards another player with malintent.
> Engaging in slanderous comments (claims without proof) with an intent to harass, perpetuate drama, or cause controversy.

That is not possible when you have signs put up, whole gangs targeting and harassing. This just stops the thought of it even happening. Also with the mute function never being told about some dont even know it exists
you can ask staff to remove signs that are on your base, also it's a criminal roleplay game mode what do you expect, gangs targeting and harassing is normal and funny you just gotta stop taking it so seriously. And people should have enough common sense to ask in ooc how to mute someone or make a ticket asking how to mute.

-1 this can be classified as witchhunting, so I wouldnt add another rule. Maybe some clarifications to the rule or possible announced alternatives given to players being harassed (like announcing that the /warn advert is a valid option for people being harassed?)