Add a Retro Miner job.

sussman

User
Jul 23, 2021
This suggestion is based on what I can remember from my experience on OrbitalServers DarkRP server.

For this suggestion I'll be using Zero's RetroMiner. (Click here to view the addon page)

Short Description
It's a great addon about mining ores and refining them to sell to NPC's that are scattered around the map. All with different percentages of profit.

Contents
  • A pickaxe to mine ores.
  • Several stuff to refine ores and smelt them.
    • Ore crusher.
    • Conveyor belts.
    • Refiners.
    • Smelter to turn them into sellable bars.
  • Ores
    • Iron (Level 0)
    • Bronze (Level 1)
    • Silver (Level 2)
    • Gold (Level 3)
Level 5 would be the max level. The higher the level, the faster your mining speed is.

How it works
THIS WILL BE VIEWED FROM THE PERSPECTIVE OF A LEVEL 0 RETRO MINER

When you first join in as a retro miner, you'll be given a pickaxe. After that, you'll need to head to a mining area in which contains ore nodes.

Once you reach your location, you will then buy an ore crusher, a conveyor belt, a coal refiner and an iron refiner. Then, connect them to each other in the correct order.

After that, buy 2 refiner crates and put one each to the coal refiner and the iron refiner. You will then buy a smelter.

Now that you're good to go, you can then equip your pickaxe and mine an iron node. After some time of mining, you may realize that your pickaxe has reached its maximum capacity. In this situation, you can either just buy a gavel crate or head to your ore crusher and right click on it multiple times.

The ore crusher will then continue the process of refining the ores you put in. It will redirect the crushed iron into the allocated refiner and the refiner will redirect the iron to the refiner crate you put there once it's done refining.

After you think you have enough refined iron in the refiner crate, you'll want to gravity gun the crate to the smelter.

Now you'll need a certain amount of coal and iron to smelt the iron. If you put in enough of them, the smelter will continue to smelt the iron. After a bit of waiting, the smelter will put the iron bars on a certain area and you'll collect the bars.

Finally, you'll then need to search for buyer NPCs and sell it

I really hope you to consider this suggestion. It's certainly a beginner job and it'd be lovely.

-1 would be too many entities for noob to add it

Suggestion Noted
We probably wouldn't be able to use Zero's Retro Miner, but a Custom Mining System is something that could be explored in the future. Thanks for making a suggestion <3.​