Denied Catastic Staff Application

Catastic

User
Aug 24, 2023
Username: Catastic

◈ Your In-Game Name: CATASTIC

Link to your Public Steam Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198856395989/

Your Age: 17

Your Discord Tag: Catastic#3512

Is your discord name the same as your In-Game Name on AtomicRP? Yes

Have you ever been warned or banned on any Atomic Networks servers? No

How much playtime do you have on the server? 1 day

Have you read up on our rules fully? Yes

Have you read up on the (DRP) Staff Information section of the forums? Yes

Do you have a microphone and use it on a consistent basis? Yes

Do you have any prior experience staffing on other Garry's Mod servers within the past 4 years? No

Have you previously staffed on AtomicRP? No

What is your time zone? GMT 7

What time of the day (for you) are you usually on? I am usually on sometime after 2 pm on the weekdays but on the weekends i can be on whenever

Why do you want to be a part of the AtomicRP Staff Team? I am excited about the opportunity to become a part of the Atomic staff team. I want to be a staff member on this server because I really want staffing experience on a GMOD server and I think it will be a lot of fun. I think I can gain valuable skills from being a staff member on this server like learning how to solve a conflict professionally, and server management. I have noticed a lot of trolls and the staff team seems overworked sometimes so I want to help try and decrease the amount of rule breakers on the server, I will be patient and merciful with players as well. additionally, I am committed to maintaining a respectful, and enjoyable environment for all players by enforcing the rules and guidelines so new players want to come back and play on the server. I like taking my time to help new players so they can have fun on the server. I have 1500+ hours playing GMOD so I have a high level of understanding of the gameplay mechanics.

Why should you be accepted onto the AtomicRP Staff Team? I think I would be a valuable addition to the Atomic Staff Team. I have over 4 years of experience moderating and owning a Minecraft server. This has equipped me with some valuable skills to help me learn how to moderate on this server since I have dealt with most of the situations a GMOD staff member has to deal with, I had so many situations in which I had to solve conflict professionally, enforcing rules, and maintaining a positive environment. I am willing to dedicate 5+ hours moderating on this server.
Optional: Include any other information about yourself that you'd like the community and the management team to know about you. Im comfortable communicating both in writing and verbally, and I am confident in my ability to communicate clearly, and professionally, to both staff members and players. I can quickly learn new skills so you guys can spend less time training me and I can spend more time moderating on the server. I love talking and having a positive impact on the community.

Last edited:
It seems like you have the proper skills, knowledge, and time played to qualify as a staff member, and I really like your answers! I could be totally wrong due to these websites being hit or miss, but I'm seeing that there's a decent chance that the last three free response questions were written by an AI.

You're more than welcome to correct me on this and I'm willing to modify my response!

+/- for now

Thank you for reading my application thoroughly. Regarding my use of AI, I did use it to help me articulate my sentences but everything that I have listed is genuine and I really want to help moderate this server. The ideas that I have listed are entirely my own even if I did use AI to help me articulate my sentences better. I understand why you guys like authenticity in an application like this.

I hope you take this into account when reviewing my application.

Have A Great Day or Night

--The above message was made private due to Catastic editing it, I talked to them on Discord to make sure it's still valid.--

As far as authenticity goes, I think the transparency you've shown here is more than authentic as far as I'm concerned! Thank you for your reply!

I'm also sorry to hear about your struggle with APD, I've met people with the same diagnosis that have shared with me what living with the disorder is like. I completely understand and sympathize with why you would prefer to use AI to help format your writing.

Like I said, I liked your answers, and you clearly mean them, so I'll change my rating to a +1! I think it's worth an shot!

@Catastic can you please make your steam profile publicly viewable so we can see your gmod hours and that you have joined the Atomic Networks Steam Group

Just gonna... leave this here..
You can tell its ai written when you say you have no experience within the past 4 years but talk about your years of experience. Then there's also

The amount of time I have moderating isn't fake I also said multiple times I wrote it and had ai help me make me the sentence sound better
Regardless of how you use ai, using ai in any shape or form within a staff application gets you blacklisted from staff. Part of the staff application is how much effort you display in an application. Though you do show effort, knowing that you used ai in order to make your sentences better structured because you couldn't reword them shows less effort and laziness. Plus, moderating a MC server and a gmod server is very different. gmod you take active sits, minutes after the event happened. On Minecraft, it's just some dude hacking, advertising, or harassment towards another player. Yes, some of those concepts apply here, though most skills won't transfer over. It's a completely different setting and experience. Though it does show that you have time and patience as well as knowing how to act professionally, I believe thats a good aspect.

@Catastic can you please make your steam profile publicly viewable so we can see your gmod hours and that you have joined the Atomic Networks Steam Group
My steam profile is public

My profile:
Public
actionArrowDnWhite.gif

Your community profile includes your profile summary, friends list, badges, Steam Level, showcases, comments, and group membership.
It also includes the following elements which you can control individually:

+/-

Honestly, a lot better. Thank you for taking the time to genuinely edit your application. Right now, I'm in the middle. Your grammar and punctuation were completely fine, and the effort you put in was good. My only problem is that within the first question you only talk about how much you'd appreciate the position and how you'll punish rule breakers, not displaying any strengths that you have that would make you a valuable asset to the staff team. Then, with the second question, it just feels like it's missing something overall. I'd suggest just looking at recent accepted staff applications to get a better idea of how to further improve your application. If you can do that, you'll definitely have my +1, though for now, I'm in the middle.

+/-

Honestly, a lot better. Thank you for taking the time to genuinely edit your application. Right now, I'm in the middle. Your grammar and punctuation were completely fine, and the effort you put in was good. My only problem is that within the first question you only talk about how much you'd appreciate the position and how you'll punish rule breakers, not displaying any strengths that you have that would make you a valuable asset to the staff team. Then, with the second question, it just feels like it's missing something overall. I'd suggest just looking at recent accepted staff applications to get a better idea of how to further improve your application. If you can do that, you'll definitely have my +1, though for now, I'm in the middle.
am i able to edit my application I just thought of something?

Application Denied
It was clear from your interview that you are lacking the proper rule knowledge to have a successful training.
We appreciate your interest in staffing. You may reapply for an Atomic Networks Staff Position in 2 Weeks, DM me with questions/concerns.

We recommend consulting the Enforcement Guidelines if you are interested in applying again.
https://forums.atomicnetworks.co/threads/darkrp-enforcement-guidelines.4007/

Application Denied
It was clear from your interview that you are lacking the proper rule knowledge to have a successful training.
We appreciate your interest in staffing. You may reapply for an Atomic Networks Staff Position in 2 Weeks, DM me with questions/concerns.

We recommend consulting the Enforcement Guidelines if you are interested in applying again.
https://forums.atomicnetworks.co/threads/darkrp-enforcement-guidelines.4007/
i wont let you down next time