Changes to Combat Medic and Doctor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc

User
Jan 21, 2022
Ireland
Hi All,

I play a lot of Combat Medic and I feel that medicinal vapes really take away from the Doctor and Combat Medic jobs. People really only ask for healing if you're conveniently placed in front of them immediately after a raid. I can respect the "Pay for a raid partner" aspect of the role and this does make it quite fun to play but there's no incentive at all to play doctor. The role is not very fun to play and is obselete for players.

What I'm proposing:
- Doctor heals to 120
- Combat Medic heals to 125 or 140
- Remove Medicinal Vapes (optional, if medic and doc heals higher then they are fine)
- Combat Medic and/or Doctor can sell Armour/Medikits from a shelf, giving this to Doctor only could nicely seperate the two jobs nicely

Let me know what you think, these are merely suggestions from someone who almost exclusively plays Combat Medic to give the job more reason to be played. I respect that these suggestions could be considered a bit aggressive so let me know if you think these numbers could be nerfed a bit or changed.

Thanks for reading.

PS: Give Gun Dealer back printers

Last edited:
+1 However I do have to disagree with removing Medicinal vapes and Combat Medic being able to sell things from a shelf.

Everything else is pretty good, and I agree that they should be buffed.

Reactions: Doc
+1 I was thinking of an overheal ability and combat medic would have a faster healing rate of 30 per shot and quicker medkit recovery but this is fairly nice

• Love
An interesting idea for medic and combat medics to overheal. However not sure if it can be added. Edit: The reason I say this is due to how the gang health works any healing immediately sets you to 100. Sadly.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Would love some inventory-able entities for instant healing besides just pizza lol.

+1 !

+/-
+ Overheal would be an awesome buff and give incentive to pay for heals. If this is possible then it would be super cool and make the job not obsolete.
- Removing medical vape would not be epic.
+ I think doctor selling armor would be cool because it is kind of weird for bmd and people rarely sell it. Plus better profit margin.
+/- I would say the only chance that they could sell medkits would be if it had limited uses, but if it was just a normal medkit then absolutely not.

Extra: If the overheal thing is not possible, it could be possible for the medkit to also give armor? Or have an extra swep that gives armor? I feel like the point of paying for a doctor is it is more convenient than ~kill and less risky than pulling out a vape. ~kill can be more convenient if your class comes with armor, and there is no extra safety if you have to pull out an armor vape anyways. If they do not sell armor kits then they should at least be able to directly give people armor. Overheal would incentivize using the class due to increased power, and armor would incentivize using the class due to increased convenience. Either way one of the two is needed if the class is going to see any real use. Doctor is a great class for rp, so it it would be cool to see it around more often.

I will not be implementing this as I don't want the average health count on the server to start drifting higher, otherwise we're going to end up with some guns being simply ineffective against the average player.

Status
Not open for further replies.