Make Tip Jars Non Destroyable

Mr Shroom

User
Oct 23, 2021
Hello dark rpers! I am bringing you a common problem on Atomic RP. This being the destroying of tip jars. I play as a hobo 90% of the time I am on the server. I use the tip jar to make my money in donations. There are unfortunately people however who for some reason just LOVE destroying my tip jar every time I place it down. I always know when I place down the jar someone most likely will break it. I have tried so hard to stop this from happening while playing. I have built boxes around it to make it harder to knife. I have tried making it ghosted so they can't knife it but for some reason when they knife it ghosted it gets destroyed as well. It is very annoying to have to purchase a tip jar every time some donkey decides to destroy it and I am sure some people feel the same way on this. Especially for players who may not have as much money as others. A tip jar is a thousand dollars each which isn't too much but it starts to add up and with only a 50k start 1000 can start being a lot for some players. So the fix for this situation is to either make the tip jars way cheaper or make them indestructible.

Thank you very much!

~Shroom

+1 I face the same problem with tip jars, I would prefer them being indestructible instead of cheaper because sometimes you go AFK to do something, and when you come back you realize your tip jar is not there and you haven't made a single dollar.

+1 I face the same problem with tip jars, I would prefer them being indestructible instead of cheaper because sometimes you go AFK to do something, and when you come back you realize your tip jar is not there and you haven't made a single dollar.
Exactly!! thanks :)

Inb4 people start throwing tip jars in the way of shit like entrances to bases or small passageways because they know they're indestructible. Will just give staff one more thing to deal with. I get your struggle, but the fact they are breakable prevents them from being abused. Perhaps start taking checks or put up a sign explaining the /give command. On the administrative side, perhaps lowering the cost of them is a good idea. 1k per tip jar is a bit expensive and doesn't really make much sense.

-1, sorry

Inb4 people start throwing tip jars in the way of shit like entrances to bases or small passageways because they know they're indestructible. Will just give staff one more thing to deal with. I get your struggle, but the fact they are breakable prevents them from being abused. Perhaps start taking checks or put up a sign explaining the /give command. On the administrative side, perhaps lowering the cost of them is a good idea. 1k per tip jar is a bit expensive and doesn't really make much sense.

-1, sorry
I understand that but people can block passageways with any prop. if they are doing that it can be handled as prop block and they can be punished for it. doing /give is too much work especially if you have a full on roleplay shop and don't wanna have to leave the shop or let people in your base to have them give you money. The fact that the jars can be destroyed is very frustrating. I'd like to afk as a hobo and have my tip jar there for while I am gone so I can earn my money but I can't do that knowing that it will be destroyed. what's the point of having them if you can't use them properly. But at the end of the day everyone is entitled to their own opinions so thank you :)

a
I understand that but people can block passageways with any prop. if they are doing that it can be handled as prop block and they can be punished for it. doing /give is too much work especially if you have a full on roleplay shop and don't wanna have to leave the shop or let people in your base to have them give you money. The fact that the jars can be destroyed is very frustrating. I'd like to afk as a hobo and have my tip jar there for while I am gone so I can earn my money but I can't do that knowing that it will be destroyed. what's the point of having them if you can't use them properly. But at the end of the day everyone is entitled to their own opinions so thank you :)
also that can be fixed by making the prop to where it isn't solid as well so you can walk through it