Shorter Rules for New Players

Mage

User
Jun 24, 2022
The rules are long and rough for someone just wanting to quickly read the rules and play the game. The long version will be the version that matters, the short rules will just help someone understand the rules faster without having to chug along the monotonous lines. Am I the only one?

thats basically just what section a of the rules is, you can hit the ground running just reading section a

thats basically just what section a of the rules is, you can hit the ground running just reading section a
The problem is most people just scroll to see the whole thing and see a wall of text, the goal behind this is to have everyone treated fairly. You can't use the excuses you didn't read the rules or you're new. Section A is meta rules, like outside the game stuff for the most part. When you open the motd a table no player wants to read. Just plain text to get the message across.

The problem is most people just scroll to see the whole thing and see a wall of text, the goal behind this is to have everyone treated fairly. You can't use the excuses you didn't read the rules or you're new. Section A is meta rules, like outside the game stuff for the most part. When you open the motd a table no player wants to read. Just plain text to get the message across.
If you're hopping on a server as a newer player you should be reading the rules as you come into contact with the scenario or you should not commit acts until you know the rules on something. When I started I had my friend who had been on the server a bit talk me through what I could and couldn't do.

None of our rules are particularly unforgiving on new players. If you're building a base, you should read the building rules, if you want to go raiding, read the raiding rules. Every server has different NLR rules so you should just read them anyway but overall, a general knowledge of DarkRP would carry you hear through your first couple of hours.

We should be forgiving on new players as staff anyway.

I understand
If you're hopping on a server as a newer player you should be reading the rules as you come into contact with the scenario or you should not commit acts until you know the rules on something. When I started I had my friend who had been on the server a bit talk me through what I could and couldn't do.

None of our rules are particularly unforgiving on new players. If you're building a base, you should read the building rules, if you want to go raiding, read the raiding rules. Every server has different NLR rules so you should just read them anyway but overall, a general knowledge of DarkRP would carry you hear through your first couple of hours.

We should be forgiving on new players as staff anyway.
I understand new people to garry's mod and the server getting a slap on the hand. What I don't like is people who know how to play and have some time on the server, dodging rules. I like the punishment tiers, and I don't know the staff guidebook or anything, but like 5 minute jail time and no warn is fine in my eyes. I would like to continue this conversation with you if you would humor me.

5 minute jail time and no warn is fine in my eyes.
Can you elaborate on this?

We only punish based off the punishment guidelines and enforcement guidelines for how to enforce a rule, letting staff decide this themselves, especially with the size of staff team we have, would not be a good idea in my mind.

Wilkers trusts staff to make judgement calls on when to verbal and when to warn and for the most part, that's put in the hands of the player. If you want to drop a sit because you feel the player just made an error, the staff will/should respect that every time.

Of course I'll humour any conversation on this, you can dm me on discord if you like