Up the required staff playtime to 3 days, or maybe even 5 days.

DingoAteMyRay

User
Mar 17, 2021

Why is this needed?

Time and time again I see staff whos grasp of the rules is abysmally low. However, I do not believe it is because of the training that Wilkers and the other big boys at the staff hand out. I see people who have more playtime that make great staff within the first 3 days because they have playtime. More playtime means more experience with the rules, and flushes out staff who barely understand the rules of the server. That being said, however, the training leaves some things to be desired from my personal experience. My most common issue with this is staff not knowing the difference between NLR/Failrp (Class 2) and NLR/Failrp during a raid (Class 3). I believe with more playtime and a bit more effort into the quality of staff instead of quantity will overall improve the server greatly.

I honestly appreciate this feedback, that will be something we include in the training. Extending the required playtime is certainly something to consider as we get a larger staff team. But as it stands right now it's not something we would be able to do while getting enough people to cover the server 24/7

I honestly appreciate this feedback, that will be something we include in the training. Extending the required playtime is certainly something to consider as we get a larger staff team. But as it stands right now it's not something we would be able to do while getting enough people to cover the server 24/7
Ez solution, just make required time a week

I agree with wilkers. Having it be 3 days in the future and as we move forward would be a good idea. Being more known in the community also helps when becoming staff so increasing playtime will also help more players meet eachother.

-/+

I think making it between 2-3 is the perfect amount of time (when it is the best time to update it) because to gives player the right amount of time to read the rules, and understand the server better.

Like wilkers said guys we are currently trying to get more staff so we can have staff online at all times. Therefore updating the time to 2 to 3 days will not make the plan come to reality any faster than it already is. Maybe once we have a good amount of staff we can consider it! But until then I would love to keep it at one day minim.

Last edited: