accidental rdm

placids

User
Jun 3, 2023
Dear Server Admin/Staff,

I am writing this appeal with utmost sincerity and regret regarding the recent incident that led to my ban on your Garry's Mod roleplay server. I fully understand and acknowledge the importance of maintaining a fair and enjoyable gaming environment, and I genuinely believe that my actions were a result of a misunderstanding. I kindly request your consideration in reevaluating my ban, taking into account the following points:

1. Unintentional RDM due to Misunderstanding: During the gameplay session, an unfortunate incident occurred where another player hit me from behind with a shovel. In that split second, the sound of the shovel striking me coincided with the sound that kidnappers' stun sticks usually make. This immediately triggered my automatic response, causing me to react defensively. Without having the opportunity to assess the situation correctly, I instinctively turned around and defended myself, resulting in the unintentional act of killing the player who hit me. I genuinely believed that I was being attacked by a kidnapper due to the audio confusion.
  2. Perceived Threat to Personal Property: Adding to the aforementioned misunderstanding, it is important to note that the player who struck me had previously stepped on my props. While I understand that the player had since moved away from my props, the initial action created a sense of threat towards my personal property. This sense of threat, combined with the audio confusion, further contributed to my impulsive response.
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused by my actions and any disruption to the gameplay experience for other players. It was never my intention to engage in any form of rule-breaking behavior or disrupt the server's community. I fully recognize the importance of adhering to the rules and regulations set forth by the server administration to ensure fair and enjoyable gameplay for everyone.

In light of the circumstances described above, I kindly request that you reconsider my ban on the grounds of a genuine misunderstanding and unintentional misconduct. I assure you that I have learned from this experience and will exercise greater caution in similar situations in the future. I am genuinely eager to rejoin the server and contribute positively to the roleplaying community.

Thank you for taking the time to review my appeal. I appreciate your understanding and consideration.

Sincerely, Placid

i already did, but i poorly wrote it unfortnetly, im assuming im allowed to make another one though so ill just put this into that