Accepted Ben E/Y Staff Application

Ben E/Y

User
Sep 24, 2022
Username: Ben E/Y

◈ Your In-Game Name: Ben E/Y

Link to your Public Steam Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/ArkMazer & https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198213707243 (The first one is my old account, that I have over 2,000 hours on, and the second one is the one I play on now)

Your age (we only accept staff 15 and older): 20

Your Discord (with tag): Ben E/Y#9430

Is your discord name the same as your In-Game Name on AtomicRP? Yes

Have you ever been warned on AtomicRP? No

How much playtime do you have on the server? 25 Hours

Have you read up on our rules fully? Yes

Have you read up on the (DRP) Staff Information section of the forums? Yes

Do you have a microphone and use it on a consistent basis? Yes

Do you have any prior experience staffing on other Garry's Mod servers within the past 4 years? No

Have you previously staffed on AtomicRP? No

What is your time zone? CDT (central)

What time of the day (for you) are you usually on? 5:00PM - 10:00PM (intermittently)

Why do you want to be a part of the AtomicRP Staff Team? To begin, I first started playing Garry's mod when I was in middle school; Garry's mod was one of my favorite games to come home from school and play for hours on end, until eventually it just faded away somewhere along high school. Now that I am in college, I've been looking for something to fulfill and entertain me in my free time, this is when I stumbled back upon Garry's Mod and your server. I remember I was really attached to this server called ScytheRP, where I staffed for them (more than four years ago), lying about my then 13/14 aged self, just so that I could integrate myself with the server. You see, the biggest issue I have when I play games such as Garry's Mod that rely on privately hosted servers is a feeling of impermanence. Therefore, when I pick a server to play on, I attach myself, and the best way to ensure that I play as big of a role in keeping the server alive and invest a sense of permanence for myself is to dive into the server as deeply as possible. For myself, the best way of doing this is becoming staff and supporting the server in moderation. I picked your server because it seemed like the most friendly, equal, and engaging server on the list and I hope I can keep it that way.

Why should you be accepted onto the AtomicRP Staff Team? In relation to my qualities relevant to their application to this role, no one can question my commitment, and no one can question my ambition. While it was more than four years ago, and I was a very different person when I staffed for ScytheRP, when they made me staff I applied myself to the full extent, I was the most active staff they had ever had. I want to be the best at everything I do, even if its just the online moderation of a Garry's Mod server, I want to be the best. However, there is a difference between now and then, back then I had nothing but time to devote, so I could be the most active, but now I do have responsibilities that I have to engage with above this server, but I can promise that the same fire and commitment I had for lighthearted roleplay when I was 14 is still there, and I will bring it with me for the time I do have for the server. Finally, there is one flaw that I should mention, in full transparency, I have a tendency to be shy, which makes me somewhat quiet, although once I open up to the server, I don't foresee this being an issue. Overall, why should I be accepted onto the AtomicRP staff team? I should be accepted because I care about the server, and people that authentically care for the server and not for their own gain are rare.

Optional: Include any other information about yourself that you'd like the community and the management team to know about you. While I'm here I might as well tell you some fun facts about myself and my personality!
  • I am currently majoring in accounting with a minor in Spanish (I'm not fluent but I got a 50% chance at holding my own in a conversation currently)
  • I LOVE history, some of my favorite stories are those of Alfred The Great and Duke William The Bastard, you can see this love as well in my activity on the game Crusader Kings III (which I would recommend to all of you)
  • I am a big Game of Thrones fan, and am ravenously enjoying the House of The Dragon series although I watch it on Monday night not Sunday night, so please don't spoil Sunday night House of The Dragon, but I would love to talk about it with y'all.
  • If I could be whatever I wanted without worrying about money, I would want to either be a history teacher (shoutout to the best teacher in the world Mrs. Hoshor) or a writer, I have always had a compelling relationship with fiction writing and would pursue that if I could survive off it
  • The way I scheduled my classes, I have class on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 8:00AM-3:00PM, but no classes on Tuesday and Thursday, so those days are the ones I will be most active.

Last edited:
+1
Outstanding effort in this application, really showed you are passionate about becoming a staff member on atomic Rp, you do lack 11 hours from the requirement play time but I’m confident you will have 100 hours by the time this application get’s accepted

Although you only have 25 hours on atomic, I believe with the right training and responsibility of reading the rules when necessary to properly do the job will be beneficial to our team.

+1
Outstanding effort in this application, really showed you are passionate about becoming a staff member on atomic Rp, you do lack 11 hours from the requirement play time but I’m confident you will have 100 hours by the time this application get’s accepted

Although you only have 25 hours on atomic, I believe with the right training and responsibility of reading the rules when necessary to properly do the job will be beneficial to our team.
Thanks alot! About the playtime, I have two accounts, my old account (linked above) has around 2,000 hours on it, but yeah, I can definitely get my new account to 100 aswell if that's a problem. Thanks for reading my application I really appreciate it.

Hey!
I've seen some confusion in the replies so I swapped the profiles in order of the accounts with the most hours, to clear the confusion around the amount of hours, additionally I added Ben E/Y's old account to the summary of my old account so that y'all know its actually my account. Just swapped accounts a while back due to a privacy leak.
Thanks,
Ben E/Y

+1 I've never seen you in game, but you put forth the effort to show you want to be a part of the staff team

+1 I've never interacted with you in game from what I remember, but your application has blown me away. Your effort and determination are both great factors and make you a great candidate. Best of luck on your interview if given the opportunity.