Denied Discount Dan's Staff Application

DiscountDan

User
Jun 8, 2021
West Coast
Primer: I do not want to see any vague complaints, if we are to work together i am an open book, level your criticism, let it be constructive so that i can draw from the experience.

Your In-Game Name: Discount Dan

Steam Name: Gopnik Granny

Link to your Public Steam Profile: : https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198041639985/

Your age (we only accept staff 15 and older): 25

Your discord name/tag: Discount Dan#6216

Is your discord name the same as your In-Game Name on AtomicRP?
Yes it is now, i dont change it often.

My usual previous aliases are as follows:
Thenerdymathpimp 2006-2012
Yoi_Ishiya 2013-present

I am a furry and have been since 2006 the above aliases used on FA. This will not be involved in atomic activities.

Discout Dan is an alias used only for this server.

Have you ever been warned/kicked/banned on any Atomic Networks Servers? If yes, what for?

Warned for RDM, no excuses it was rdm and im sorry that it happened i should have known the rules better before jumping into a gov role.

I shot a kidnapper after verbally warning them to drop the person, and while angry at the refusal my emotions led to me acting poorly and shooting the kidnapper, no excuse just ashamed of my poor decision. Next time i need to warn them, and arrest as the law allows.

How much playtime do you have on the server? (24 hour minimum)
48 hours as of 7/17/21

Have you read up on our rules fully?

“15. Never take a sit for/punish someone for breaking rules in a situation that you were involved in.”

Wilkers. (2020, December 25). (DRP) Staff Handbook. forums.atomicnetworks.co. https://forums.atomicnetworks.co/threads/drp-staff-handbook.263/.

I would like to compliment the foresight in this rule to prevent emotions from running away with a situation that can be heated for both parties. Best to follow the rules and step back, its not the end of the world.

Have you read up on the (DRP) Staff Information section of the Forums?

Impressed by the professionalism of the sits, give respect to get it.

I am jazzed about sits i want to help everyone have fun, i will bring my own skills to sits, i will bring some new techniques for de-escalation from my day job.

Do you have a microphone and use it on a consistent basis?
Yes, however i can be a bit quiet on discord and in game at times and its quality has issues

Do you have any prior experience staffing on other Garry's Mod servers? (Please go into detail if the answer is Yes)

Yes, been playing for awhile, and to be honest i forget some servers i admined on because it has been years if not outright over 10 years. I know ive admined for Gourdy Dingo in one of his darkrp server, though i think he goes by Max James now. I know i admined for Carbon Fiber Gaming but thats awhile ago, they haven't had a darkrp server in years due to DDOS attacks, financial pressures, and other wonders of admin'n any darkrp server, especially back before loot crates took off.

Have you received any recommendations to apply for staff from current AtomicRP Staff Members? (If so list them below)

Directly no, encouragement yes, wilkers tipped me 50k to help me afford shelves at one of my gun shops. Excuse my vanity when i say you may be more familiar with my buildings then with me, that can be good, as an outsider i have no bias to anyone, Im just glad that we have a conflict of interest clause in the rules.

If you answered yes to the previous question, do you have experience with SAM? AWarn3? BLogs?

Not yet, i can learn how to, back in the old servers; it was a bit less organized back then.

Why do you want to be a part of the staff team?

Love darkrp, been playing for a long time though i was on hiatus during college, i returned this year as time permits. Atomic may be the only real dark rp experience left out there, i've taken a look around and this is the truest to form with its own twist.

Why should you be accepted onto the staff team?

Take a decade of dark rp gameplay, 1500+ hours of time in Gmod. Caregiving for four years, security for the last 3 years. Add 3 years of community college, specialized in humanities completing Sociology, psychology, security studies, english, process controls, 90 credit hours of classes under my belt, i need to finish four math classes to pick an associates degree. It might be convenient to have me around, im not looking for money, power, or status. I want people to have fun, to enjoy dark rp in whatever way they like, as long as they do not deviate to far from the rules.

What is your timezone?
Pacific Time Zone

+1 Seen you around and you have some knowledge on the rules but your only problem is that your app is kinda short

+1
Chill guy. Great application.

I have not seen you on much, but I think you would be a good addition. Good luck!

+1 I have definitely seen you around. But your application is lacking but I will be willing to give you a shot, due to you having knowledge of the rules!

Accepted for Interview
Reach out to Panda on Discord within 3 days to schedule your interview.
Note: Failure to schedule your interview within 3 days will result in your application being denied.

Application Denied
You may reapply for an Atomic Networks Staff Position in 2 Weeks, DM your interviewer with questions/concerns.​