Erwin's Magic Glass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though it is a neat idea, and I would like it, I feel like this plugin would cause more problems than what it would solve.

Even though it is a neat idea, and I would like it, I feel like this plugin would cause more problems than what it would solve.

Could I ask you to elaborate?

For reference, this is a material that would offer a clearer glass to look through when people base and take advantage of the glow glitch. I don't personally believe the "tprings_globe" material actually offers any balance-level impact when it's used and I think that including a material that is generally clearer to see through makes a lot of sense, I would be interested to see your thoughts on why it would cause problems. The only thing this addition serves to do for me is improve quality of life in base design.

Attachments

• Dsh7Rrp.png
    Dsh7Rrp.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Could I ask you to elaborate?

For reference, this prop would offer a clearer glass to look through when people base and take advantage of the glow glitch. I don't personally believe the "tprings_globe" material actually offers any balance-level impact when it's used and I think that including a material that is generally clearer to see through makes a lot of sense, I would be interested to see your thoughts on why it would cause problems. The only thing this addition serves to do for me is improve quality of life in base design.
The only thing it helps with is being able to see out the base easier (Which isn't a big problem to begin with), And I feel like the addon could have some underlying issues and exploits. Even though it would be nice to see out easier, it isn't a necessity. I see you mention that the "tprings_globe" material, and you're right it doesn't but it's also a different case from an addon that adds a one sided material. I just don't see a point of this addon, and it really could just be abused.

The only thing it helps with is being able to see out the base easier (Which isn't a big problem to begin with), And I feel like the addon could have some underlying issues and exploits. Even though it would be nice to see out easier, it isn't a necessity. I see you mention that the "tprings_globe" material, and you're right it doesn't but it's also a different case from an addon that adds a one sided material. I just don't see a point of this addon, and it really could just be abused.
This is still a very vague response. I am also curious what exploits you think this will cause. It is essentially the same as "tspring_globe" but just not as ugly. I think it would be a good quality of life improvement because so many people make massive "tspring_globe" bases and they look awful. Any "exploits" that could be abused with these materials could be equally abused with "tspring_globe".

Status
Not open for further replies.