User
Username: iMyth

◈ Your In-Game Name: iMyth

Link to your Public Steam Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/imythjj

Your Age: 22

Your Discord Tag: imyth

Is your discord name the same as your In-Game Name on AtomicRP? Yes

Have you ever been warned or banned on any Atomic Networks servers? Yes

Please detail all of your warns and bans. I recently got a verbal warning. It was for looting while raiding as a hitman. However I see no mention of that in the rules anywhere unless I've missed it. No harm done.

How much playtime do you have on the server? 1d 14h

Have you read up on our rules fully? Yes

Have you read up on the (DRP) Staff Information section of the forums? Yes

Do you have a microphone and use it on a consistent basis? Yes

Do you have any prior experience staffing on other Garry's Mod servers within the past 4 years? Yes

Please detail your tenure at these other servers, include the following...
> Time on the Staff Team
> Rank (If applicable)
> Contacts from Community (If you have any)

I've been playing Garry's Mod for the past 10 years. I have near 2 thousand hours in the game, the majority of that being DarkRP. In that time I have staffed for more servers than I can count being totally honest. I haven't played in a while, and recently got back into RP again. I would name a handful of the servers I remember but it seems none of them exist anymore. Most of them I was super-admin in a ranging time frame from 2 months to 2 years. I even ran a server myself for a while.

Have you previously staffed on AtomicRP? No

What is your time zone? Central Daylight Time ‎(UTC-5)‎

What time of the day (for you) are you usually on? 10AM-2PM (Then I leave for the gym) Then 5PM-11PM currently, That will change at some point in the next few months. I will still be on just less time every day.

Why do you want to be a part of the AtomicRP Staff Team? What got me back into Garry's Mod recently was a lot of my friends old and new all got computers (Switching from console). Gmod was the first game I introduced them all too. I was hoping to find some of the old servers I staffed for still up to no avail. So, I stumbled upon Atomic and brought all of my friends with me. I've been teaching them the rules, how to play, what to do and most importantly how much fun you can have in DarkRP when finding the right server. I believe Atomic is the place to stay. What better way to help provide a good experience for my computer noob friends and everyone else who have never role played in their life's than to help moderate myself. I found another community I want to be a part of. Hell, I've always brought friends along. "Hey, check out this server". Soon enough I'll be able to do that for my niece and nephew.

Why should you be accepted onto the AtomicRP Staff Team? I know what to do, I understand how to do it, I can do it in a timely manner, all the while being non-biased and still participating in the fun myself. I bring lots of previous experience, so it won't take much to get me started. I'm determined to be a part of this community. Whether that be as just a regular player or a staff member I will be happy either way.

Optional: Include any other information about yourself that you'd like the community and the management team to know about you.
I have tons of experience with ULX so if that is what Atomic uses, I will already be set. Might take 10-20 minutes to remember it all.

I know I have the absolute minimum play-time to apply. But in that time, I have got a feel for the rules. I've read over them many times, so to follow them myself and help my friends understand them being that they are so new to Garry's Mod. I hope my previous experience will help to deter any doubts.

Figure I'll throw in here just some quick things about me unrelated to my application. My name is JJ. My favorite color is purple, I listen to all sorts of music. I enjoy graphic design (the non-AI kind! haha). I know a plethora of programming languages and have been coding for many years. Hell, I started coding back in 2010-2011 because I wanted to host my own DarkRP server and write my own custom jobs in lua. DarkRP on gm_construct was the shit. Thanks for reading this far. Mic drop.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Last edited:
+1
+Has a decent understanding of what staffing is about.
+Has determination
+Decent effort in application.
Overall Decent application

+1 As for what you're referring to as a hitman, I believe it is in the RP Context of the job

Huge +1

I dont believe I've ever seen you in-game and I would like to see you and how you interact with the community a bit more
Otherwise one of the most well thought out staff applications I've seen for a Gmod server in a bit!
I would love to see how you do with an interview, especially with such low playtime as you stated.

The only other negative I'd like to say is as a staff member you will need to be on top of reading/understanding job descriptions, as in the
job description for hitman is does list

"Can Raid (to kill your hit, not to destroy valuables)"
These descriptors are very important in many situations, so its best to read and familiarize yourself them!

Huge +1

I dont believe I've ever seen you in-game and I would like to see you and how you interact with the community a bit more
Otherwise one of the most well thought out staff applications I've seen for a Gmod server in a bit!
I would love to see how you do with an interview, especially with such low playtime as you stated.

The only other negative I'd like to say is as a staff member you will need to be on top of reading/understanding job descriptions, as in the
job description for hitman is does list

"Can Raid (to kill your hit, not to destroy valuables)"
These descriptors are very important in many situations, so its best to read and familiarize yourself them!
Thanks for the reply. that is where I was confused, Nothing was destroyed, only took money. In the rules or in the job description it says nothing about looting, only about destroying things. I'd say it should be added to the rules or the description somewhere because I have been hitman raided and looted (no printers destroyed) 3-4 times since joining the server. So I think there is a little confusion among players on that front.

Has enough playtime and an excellent application, the effort is clear and I think that alone means you’ll do good in the position of accepted.
+1
I do notice you have somewhat low playtime (more than enough to apply of course!). Just as a friendly reminder, really brush up on the rules!
Best of luck.

Last edited: