Lets make friends: What other hobbies do you like?

Sunee

(DRP) Upper Staff Rule Karen
DarkRP Staff Member
User
May 3, 2023
I don't see a lot of social posts around the forums lately so lets start one!
What other hobbies do you guys have outside of Gmod? Let's discuss our hobbies and maybe make some friends with similar hobbies!

Outside of Gmod I'm a big fan of Minecraft, I also really enjoy any games that have interesting/unusual mechanics like Baba Is you, Among us, VRchat ETC!
Outside of gaming I enjoy making Art, and I also really love Entomology and Paleontology - being outdoors and looking at the neat fauna the exist around me has always had a special place in my heart.
If you also do art, I'd love to see examples! (keep it within the rules of the forums please!)

What about you? what do YOU enjoy? :D

We love hobbies here lol

1686604562918.png

I like to play guitar and hang out with my friends irl. I'm a huge sports fan and can consume about any sport (except golf but my friends want to try playing). I enjoy playing soccer with my friends on the weekends and drinking.

I also enjoy playing Dota 2 (a lot) and music. I love going to concerts for a night out and discovering local bands or artists, I studied music in college so I think this is something that will always stick with me!

I'd like to read more but it's hard to make the time for it. If anyone has good book recommendations I'd love to hear them.

Thank you for coming to my Doc talk.

I like to play guitar and hang out with my friends irl. I'm a huge sports fan and can consume about any sport (except golf but my friends want to try playing). I enjoy playing soccer with my friends on the weekends and drinking.

I also enjoy playing Dota 2 (a lot) and music. I love going to concerts for a night out and discovering local bands or artists, I studied music in college so I think this is something that will always stick with me!

I'd like to read more but it's hard to make the time for it. If anyone has good book recommendations I'd love to hear them.

lol: Doc talk

As someone who also loves music this is really cool to hear! I used to play a lot of accordion and just love music stuff now, but fell off as i got older and didnt have as much time for practice.
And as always, I cant condone Dota players

Some good books that may be a little girly but could be of interest to you depending on what you like:
Song of the Sparrow - Lisa Ann Sandell
Sea Glass - Anita Shreve

Funny, the only sport I can really bear is golf but I play it instead of watching it on TV. It's a great sport to get ultra-blazed and play during the twilight hours as the sun sets.

What sort of bands or artists have you seen that you were really blown away by?

I also struggle with wanting to read more. I just bought a pack of highlighters on Amazon to: a) retain what I am reading and highlight what I resonate with b) for other readers I may pass the book on to, to see what I have written. I made it through about 80 pages this week which is a first.

Book recommendations depend on the genre. If you want some dystopian fiction try 1984 by George Orwell, I got this gem from high school actually. For overall trippy, well-written fiction, check out Haruki Murakami, my favorite book of his is Kafka On The Shore. For informational and miscellaneous: Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl, Stealing Fire by Jamie Wheal, The Alchemist by Paul Coelho,
The Center Of The Universe Is Right Between Your Eyes But Home Is Where The Heart Is

Hmm so hobbies, or the most prevalent in my life: spending time with my family, friends, and girlfriend would be a majority of my time.

I love to go to electronic, indie, and hip-hop concerts and music festivals and get weird. I produce music in Ableton, play piano, and DJ at the coffee shop once a month.

I keep to the gems of games that I find: Counter-Strike, Starcraft, Warcraft III, and Garry's Mod. I hope Valve or other game developers bring back the old-school ingenuity and quality.

I like to go to the beach since I live in Florida and hang out at kava bars. I'm moving to North Carolina in the Fall and can't wait to hike mountains.

Anime, television series, and movies are my new favorite and I love all forms of art that empower my imagination further.

I also fucking love psychology.

Reactions: DesiredRep
Hmm so hobbies, or the most prevalent in my life: spending time with my family, friends, and girlfriend would be a majority of my time.

I love to go to electronic, indie, and hip-hop concerts and music festivals and get weird. I produce music in Ableton, play piano, and DJ at the coffee shop once a month.

I keep to the gems of games that I find: Counter-Strike, Starcraft, Warcraft III, and Garry's Mod. I hope Valve or other game developers bring back the old-school ingenuity and quality.

I like to go to the beach since I live in Florida and hang out at kava bars. I'm moving to North Carolina in the Fall and can't wait to hike mountains.

Anime, television series, and movies are my new favorite and I love all forms of art that empower my imagination further.

I also fucking love psychology.
I loved sc2 got masters zerg and diamond toss n Terran then got hardstuck diamond. Psychology is amazing too, I agree. I used to watch a lot of anime but I lost interest. I slowly diverged to manga, lost interest, then went to light novels.

I love, getting outside when i am able to. I enjoy going on long drives just to sight see and look at new and interesting things.
I love listening to music, I don't really have a preference when it comes to it, as i do enjoy listening to lots of things.
I love doing new things IRL, whether thats going somewhere new or if it's getting to meet someone new (etc). I enjoy experiencing new things.