Status
Not open for further replies.

Limerick James

User
Dec 4, 2021
Denver
soundcloud.com
LTAP Punishments are a Class V punishment

Is 1 week ban really an adequate punishment for a first offense? Honest question, feels like a huge jump from one to the other and generally an over the top punishment (in certain circumstances). I'm biased currently as of my problem stated below but if I were to suggest anything outside of content updates, after my run in with this current rule, I believe there is room for improvement..

Today I received a 1 week ban coming from DC'ing during my 2nd ever jail time(I've had 1x 5 minute and 1x 10 minute from what I can remember, feel free to correct me), and not knowing that by disconnecting from the server during a portion of that time would leave me to find out later in the day that I'd received a 1week ban on my account.

I am curious if there's any room for discussion on working for a new class of punishment for LTAP within certain scenarios similar to mine. I am frustrated for sure and I get that punishment is to be served but to go from 10 minutes to 1 week is a huge jump and I don't believe I am wrong to think that way.

Something like this (right off the top of my head, I'm sure there are plenty of better options to come up with)

1st offense: hour(s) ban length equivalent to the original time awarded in jail
2nd offense: 3 day ban
etc.

I know by suggesting something like this I probably wont see anything come of it to benefit me personally but for I'm hopeful for change so that someone else down the road might not have to experience similar issues regardless of it 'clearly being in the rules'

Banning someone for a week because they left the server hoping not to get punished sounds pretty reasonable to me because leaving while in a sit, or in your case while in jail only proves that the person is guilty.

A lot of people just leave as they are about to get a Class 1-3 Warning, which is pure stupidity, instead of just getting a warning, they leave trying to escape getting a warning, for that, I think it is reasonable to get a higher punishment so they still get the warning + an LTAP warning, which stays permanently on your record.

Also, it is good to limit trolls who just join the server to cause trouble and break the rules, and when they've had enough they just leave thinking they can just join back and troll whenever they want.

And Making a Ban Appeal is Always an Option For Those Who Think They Have Been Falsely Banned For LTAP or Any Other Reason.

Banning someone for a week because they left the server hoping not to get punished sounds pretty reasonable to me because leaving while in a sit, or in your case while in jail only proves that the person is guilty.

A lot of people just leave as they are about to get a Class 1-3 Warning, which is pure stupidity, instead of just getting a warning, they leave trying to escape getting a warning, for that, I think it is reasonable to get a higher punishment so they still get the warning + an LTAP warning, which stays permanently on your record.

Still big disagree with you there, its not equal punishment and yes ideally you'd want punishment to increase from someone 'evading' but call me crazy 10 minutes to 10080 is outrageous within certain scenarios

Still big disagree with you there, its not equal punishment and yes ideally you'd want punishment to increase from someone 'evading' but call me crazy 10 minutes to 10080 is outrageous within certain scenarios
LTAP warnings are just for those who have intentionally left the server to avoid the punishment that is why I think it's a reasonable punishment. But for those who their game crashed or left the server for any other reason and it wasn't intentional then they can make an appeal providing evidence that they didn't mean to leave, and the management team will be leniant and fair with them.

LTAP warnings are just for those who have intentionally left the server to avoid the punishment that is why I think it's a reasonable punishment. But for those who their game crashed or left the server for any other reason and it wasn't intentional then they can make an appeal providing evidence that they didn't mean to leave, and the management team will be leniant and fair with them.
it shows in logs if someone crashed or not and if they did crash and they were banned for LTAP then they should make an appeal

Staff can see if you purposely left to avoid your punishment or not. In the case of you leaving on purpose to avoid having to deal with your punishment the 1 Week ban is reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.