Make Police More useful

Status
Not open for further replies.

TinyTecca

Mod On Atomic DarkRP
User
Jan 4, 2022
I personally feel like the police should be more of an important role. I think licences should become more important within the server and this would create more importance for mayor. or either a job role like a licence office where people go to buy them. this would make gun dealers have to buy them otherwise police could shut down there business until they acquire a licence.
I just feel like there is room for improvement for the police department. as there is limited things you can do as an officer.
(This is just a thought. feed back is appreciated)

I have seen some players use PD and they make it so overwhelming an almost full PD roster can very easily cause havoc to lol. But I do agree we need a little more additions to the PD role.

+1!

The PD roles are incredibly versatile and have a lot of RP potential (that I often see misused). I think the police does not nearly check for illegal gun possession enough, or conduct warranted base raids nearly as often. A more authoritary police in this case would do well to shake things up in the server, both by mitigating the super defensive base layouts and creating more interesting dynamics between classes on the streets.

Less RDMing, more rule enforcing!

EDIT: I am adding as well a suggestion for a slight buff to mayoral protection and a higher will to put in place more interesting politics. Mayors as they are at the moment are constantly raided and barely have any time to start an actual shift in behavior in a server.

At the same time, I'd also try to find ways to stimulate within control cop corruption. It'd be nice to have cops doing bad deeds in town beyond RDA and RDMs.

As an example, I saw a gang of cops extorting the blue doritos gang in the sewers yesterday. I thought it was genius!

Last edited:
I like the idea of the gun licence being more of a factor for gun dealers and black market dealers to do business. Gives a new rp factor.

Reactions: The Poubel
I like this as well gun dealer licenses and black market to, but shouldn't black market be more of that gray area no license more payout

The thing about PD is that everyone within the PD has to make it work. You're essentially basing with like 8 strangers you don't know which is why I always block Mayor's office with Mayor Only keypads cause I can't trust the minges that aim to RDM the mayor or corny people just wanting to ""hang out"" and not do their job. Aside from that, I think a small step towards a decent mayor ruling is giving SWAT armor (like 15-25) at the very least on spawn to protect against PD raids and have better survivability during raids. Their guns are effective enough, it's just their playermodels have armor on them so why not nod to that a little.

I personally feel like the police should be more of an important role. I think licences should become more important within the server and this would create more importance for mayor. or either a job role like a licence office where people go to buy them. this would make gun dealers have to buy them otherwise police could shut down there business until they acquire a licence.
I just feel like there is room for improvement for the police department. as there is limited things you can do as an officer.
(This is just a thought. feed back is appreciated)
Gun dealers and BM dealers always have licenses on spawn so idk where that's coming from. If you're inferring that people should also buy gun licenses to buy from these dealers as well, no one would care since FearRP doesn't exist and you can always just pocket it on purchase.

+1 Give the mayor more of a reason to get out there with his PD and enforce some LAW! We love when a good mayor gets on and runs some raids with the PD.

take every single thing they get off of the 2 key. its nonsense to try to actually find anything,

Status
Not open for further replies.