making pd 24 hours+?

RatteMinnen

User
Jun 24, 2022
what are your guy's thoughts on making it so you need to have 24+ hours on the server to be pd? i think it'll definetly help with the amount of rdaing newbies on the server and to stop mass rdmers (as pd gives free guns for the role) thoughts?

Reactions: Sunee
Having to be voted into the job is more then enough. We also have the demotion system for a reason and no one uses it

Having to be voted into the job is more then enough. We also have the demotion system for a reason and no one uses it
still with the massive amount of (mostly kids) going pd and just being absolute twats, rdaing, rdming, and everything else i think maybe just needing to have the regular role (over 12 hours on the server) to join the pd could help.

To be honest that rarely happens. We don't get very many reports for people MRDAing. Like Jeyhockey said We have a demotion system that hardly gets used. So maybe in the future just use that.

To be honest that rarely happens. We don't get very many reports for people MRDAing. Like Jeyhockey said We have a demotion system that hardly gets used. So maybe in the future just use that.
question, can regular citizens demote? because when i tried it, it said i couldnt

I've gotten about 1 ticket of a cop
m-rdaing and he was new, however, this is because many new players don't take the time to read rules so we explain why that's aganst the rules. Yet these tickets of m'rdaing are very uncommon.
Even Still Just as jeyhockey Said, This is what the demotion system is for, little tip, the command for starting a demotion vote is
" /demote <players name> "

I'm kind of in support of this, but i think what the others said above applies as well.
The Demote system is decent but could be better, especially since theres so much conflicting info about who can demote and for what. I've also brought up the voting system before in some of my larger hangout groups, and almost everyone ive ever asked doesnt even vote when the votes come up since it can be buggy and also easily missed.
I think adding something like being a regular to access the job wouldnt hurt anyone, while we dont struggle a ton with MRDA, I have seen how frequently new players abuse or misunderstand the PD jobs even when their intentions are the most pure. This morning alone i've helped 4 new players to understand their PD jobs better, especially considering how easily new players get lost when it comes to "illegal weapons vs class weapons".
Adding some kind of time gate would in my opinion be beneficial both for regular members of the community and new players. Starting off on the server getting a warn for something silly isnt fun just as much as being arrested or killed isnt fun.
But idk thats just my thoughts. if you havent already id put this in the suggestions end of the forums!

Reactions: Meanspoon
I'm kind of in support of this, but i think what the others said above applies as well.
The Demote system is decent but could be better, especially since theres so much conflicting info about who can demote and for what. I've also brought up the voting system before in some of my larger hangout groups, and almost everyone ive ever asked doesnt even vote when the votes come up since it can be buggy and also easily missed.
I think adding something like being a regular to access the job wouldnt hurt anyone, while we dont struggle a ton with MRDA, I have seen how frequently new players abuse or misunderstand the PD jobs even when their intentions are the most pure. This morning alone i've helped 4 new players to understand their PD jobs better, especially considering how easily new players get lost when it comes to "illegal weapons vs class weapons".
Adding some kind of time gate would in my opinion be beneficial both for regular members of the community and new players. Starting off on the server getting a warn for something silly isnt fun just as much as being arrested or killed isnt fun.
But idk thats just my thoughts. if you havent already id put this in the suggestions end of the forums!
another good idea ive just thought of it similar to the thing websites use with cookies n shit where you need to read the rules and accept them to actually be able to play pd/the server

Reactions: Sunee
with the way it is now its just a SUGGESTION to read the rules, maybe have a hidden word somewhere within the rules and have to use it to unlock the server like a passcode, meaning u gotta actually read 'em