New Staff Age Requirement

Butcher

Mod On Atomic DarkRP
User
Sep 16, 2021
So as we all know the Staff team has amazing individuals involved who dedicate alot of time to helping the server BUT as we all also know the staff team is lacking a solid presence in maturity and consistency. I believe a solution could be as easy as setting the age limit to 18 which will drastically reduce the amount of applicants and trainee's but allow players with more responsibility to apply and hopefully allow a better integrated Staff team with a common goal. Now this wouldn't be calling for the heads of current underage staff but would prevent new underage applicants.

Reactions: Mike Methowski
Most people over the age of 18 have jobs and responsibilities. Letting kids do it is much better since they can be on a lot of the time. It's better for the server overall.

Most people over the age of 18 have jobs and responsibilities. Letting kids do it is much better since they can be on a lot of the time. It's better for the server overall.
"Letting kids do it is much better" I will assume you are not above 18

+1 I think a lot of issues would be cleared up if the requirement was upped a bit.... maybe not 18 but 16 atleast

We have and had good staff members under the age limit and they were major contributions to the team. I was 13-14 when I started staffing on servers and it was a really good start for me to understand responsibility and authority. I think underage individuals should do a lot to prove themselves to be on the team, by showing excellent application and maturity throughout the interview and training. Despite their age, they can show equal maturity as someone that is 20 years old for example. I would have to kindly disagree with this suggestion, but I think we do have to introduce more tactics to ensure younger individuals don't go waving around a magic wand when training.

We have and had good staff members under the age limit and they were major contributions to the team. I was 13-14 when I started staffing on servers and it was a really good start for me to understand responsibility and authority. I think underage individuals should do a lot to prove themselves to be on the team, by showing excellent application and maturity throughout the interview and training. Despite their age, they can show equal maturity as someone that is 20 years old for example. I would have to kindly disagree with this suggestion, but I think we do have to introduce more tactics to ensure younger individuals don't go waving around a magic wand when training.
So what would be the next step for the staff team? At this point I don't see any reasonable way of getting dedicated members instead of the trolls and immature, nobody wants an age limit but everyone wants to complain about staff being immature and messing around (which we both know they do) when tickets are stacked

So as we all know the Staff team has amazing individuals involved who dedicate alot of time to helping the server BUT as we all also know the staff team is lacking a solid presence in maturity and consistency. I believe a solution could be as easy as setting the age limit to 18 which will drastically reduce the amount of applicants and trainee's but allow players with more responsibility to apply and hopefully allow a better integrated Staff team with a common goal. Now this wouldn't be calling for the heads of current underage staff but would prevent new underage applicants.
Butcher, as you already know, filling hours for staff is a constant battle. How would we be able to keep staff online more often by SHRINKING the staff team?

Reactions: Acid X Touch
Butcher, as you already know, filling hours for staff is a constant battle. How would we be able to keep staff online more often by SHRINKING the staff team?
This wouldn't be shrinking the staff team it would only be meant to prevent NEW underage applicants, the reputation of the staff team has absolutely plummeted and I'm just trying to scrape up new ideas

This wouldn't be shrinking the staff team it would only be meant to prevent NEW underage applicants, the reputation of the staff team has absolutely plummeted and I'm just trying to scrape up new ideas
The whole application, interview, and training even are supposed to sniff out immature members applying for staff. If you think our team is immature and messing around. Talk to Wilkers/Unknown/Noob about the issue and will hopefully resolve the issue. You can even contact those staff members directly if you want and have an open discussion and gain potential understanding. We are all accepted for a purpose of growing this community and supporting players for enjoying their time on Darkrp. Some good can come with individuals who might be 15 or under. We all are immature in some ways, but we all know what we have to do as dedicated staff

Don't judge a book by its cover.

If you actually need to discuss something wrong about the team, let me know, I actually enjoy convos like these.

-1 no, it’s not based on their age, it depends on how mature they are. This is pointless knowing that people underage will still make it

-1 no, it’s not based on their age, it depends on how mature they are. This is pointless knowing that people underage will still make it
So far more have been immature and incapable than mature and capable and I'm really not trying to put salt on the wound but you're an example of this

Reactions: Mike Methowski
So far more have been immature and incapable than mature and capable and I'm really not trying to put salt on the wound but you're an example of this
You shouldn’t even be talking, you are very immature and have threatened to doxx a player for making you upset

The whole application, interview, and training even are supposed to sniff out immature members applying for staff. If you think our team is immature and messing around. Talk to Wilkers/Unknown/Noob about the issue and will hopefully resolve the issue. You can even contact those staff members directly if you want and have an open discussion and gain potential understanding. We are all accepted for a purpose of growing this community and supporting players for enjoying their time on Darkrp. Some good can come with individuals who might be 15 or under. We all are immature in some ways, but we all know what we have to do as dedicated staff

Don't judge a book by its cover.

If you actually need to discuss something wrong about the team, let me know, I actually enjoy convos like these.
The training was going to be my next suggestion to get fixed, and I'll be on a bit if you wanna discuss so long as I get my software working on my pc

Minimum of 35 years, like the president.
Or if we really want mature players, I say we set the minimum to 50 years old.

I kid, sorry Butch, you know I love you, but the age limit is not the problem. While being young definitely makes it a bit harder for various reasons, it'd be silly to deny people simply on their age. I've staffed in communities on various games for as long as I can remember, starting at least at 10 years old. If it proves a point, at least as far as I could tell and/or was told, I still made a great staff member when I was far younger than 18. Sure, you're not gonna be perfect (not that anybody is) and immaturity may definitely present itself, but setting a hard cap at 18 would be ridiculous. For a game like Arma, sure, but not for a game like DarkRP where the average age of players and applicants couldn't be above 15-17. Plus, am sure you've seen children who're a lot more mature than many of the adults on the server, it's just a bad path to go down where you preemptively judge people based off of their age.

You're right in terms of inconsistencies, but that's not relevant to age, the inconsistencies are fault of a weak motd, poor training, and lackadaisical staff management. I've spoken my piece on all of that already. With my experience in staff management, I'd recommend what many communities do, and what I even employ when it comes to managing my own bases. Younger people should be vetted a bit harder to make sure they can handle the stress and complexity of the job. You're right in terms of immature staff being a problem, but that's immature staff, not young ones. Many of the best staff in this community are below the age you recommended. I think extra supervision, training, vetting, and assistance should definitely be used, but not a flat out cap.

I kid, sorry Butch, you know I love you, but the age limit is not the problem. While being young definitely makes it a bit harder for various reasons, it'd be silly to deny people simply on their age. I've staffed in communities on various games for as long as I can remember, starting at least at 10 years old. If it proves a point, at least as far as I could tell and/or was told, I still made a great staff member when I was far younger than 18. Sure, you're not gonna be perfect (not that anybody is) and immaturity may definitely present itself, but setting a hard cap at 18 would be ridiculous. For a game like Arma, sure, but not for a game like DarkRP where the average age of players and applicants couldn't be above 15-17. Plus, am sure you've seen children who're a lot more mature than many of the adults on the server, it's just a bad path to go down where you preemptively judge people based off of their age.

You're right in terms of inconsistencies, but that's not relevant to age, the inconsistencies are fault of a weak motd, poor training, and lackadaisical staff management. I've spoken my piece on all of that already. With my experience in staff management, I'd recommend what many communities do, and what I even employ when it comes to managing my own bases. Younger people should be vetted a bit harder to make sure they can handle the stress and complexity of the job. You're right in terms of immature staff being a problem, but that's immature staff, not young ones. Many of the best staff in this community are below the age you recommended. I think extra supervision, training, vetting, and assistance should definitely be used, but not a flat out cap.
Those who shine would be given the same benefit of the doubt onyx got who also got around the last age limit due to his consistent ability to be perceived in a professional and mature fashion when he needed to be.

I know you care about this community Frank, I appreciate your care and your passion towards this community. Like I've stated to you multiple times in the past when you've made comments like this, you are more than welcome to come to me in my discord or on the forums to help address all of these problems you have noticed. If you want these problems you've noticed to be solved, it would be very helpful to hear about them in a deeper fashion, I'm going to extend my hand out to you again, please feel free to reach out to me if you want to help.

In regards to our management teams "lackadaisical" behavior, I'd love to hear about why you believe that. Feel free to reply to this thread or to reach out to me on Discord. From what I've seen from up top, Unknown and Noob are both very passionate about their work, and while I can't speak for myself I know what my convictions are for this community.