New Staff Age Requirement

Butcher

Mod On Atomic DarkRP
User
Sep 16, 2021
So as we all know the Staff team has amazing individuals involved who dedicate alot of time to helping the server BUT as we all also know the staff team is lacking a solid presence in maturity and consistency. I believe a solution could be as easy as setting the age limit to 18 which will drastically reduce the amount of applicants and trainee's but allow players with more responsibility to apply and hopefully allow a better integrated Staff team with a common goal. Now this wouldn't be calling for the heads of current underage staff but would prevent new underage applicants.

Reactions: Mike Methowski
I know you care about this community Frank, I appreciate your care and your passion towards this community. Like I've stated to you multiple times in the past when you've made comments like this, you are more than welcome to come to me in my discord or on the forums to help address all of these problems you have noticed. If you want these problems you've noticed to be solved, it would be very helpful to hear about them in a deeper fashion, I'm going to extend my hand out to you again, please feel free to reach out to me if you want to help.

In regards to our management teams "lackadaisical" behavior, I'd love to hear about why you believe that. Feel free to reply to this thread or to reach out to me on Discord. From what I've seen from up top, Unknown and Noob are both very passionate about their work, and while I can't speak for myself I know what my convictions are for this community.
Don't take it personally lol. I do recognize that you, Unknown, and Noob are certainly dedicated and passionate, that does not go unnoticed. However, if you remember, I made a post addressing this exact problem months ago, and this post right here is evidence that next to nothing has been done about it. I've always stated my mind in a constructive manner, but you can't ask me to sit down and do your job for you. I'm giving you feedback from the perspective of a player who's deeply connected to playerbase, many of the staff, and is very familiar with the administrative side of running a community like this. I shouldn't need to explain any further.

You act as if me not reaching out is anything but me not wanting to waste my time explaining frustrations I've already made well known. Why haven't you reached out if you're so interested? You talk about 'extending a hand once again', but I've yet to see you in my dms, all I've seen is you telling me to stop being so publicly vocal about my frustrations, which is nearly the shadiest way I've ever seen a players' frustrations get addressed lmao.

I am personally confused about this, I staff roughly 7 hours a day and it extends to 10-15 on weekends and I can't think of anyone who is immature, onyx has a soft voice but doesn't seem immature, Chad is a good dude and I have heard a lot of good talk from members of the community, same with bruntwaffle. And I believe I am doing well personally, I have received good news from plenty of people I do sits with about my skill and maturity as a admin. I have heard good things about the higher ups aswell such as tungsten, Shelly, pear sauce, autumn, mother marie and beta male. I know some have a habit of missing around a bit but I can't think of anyone who is immature

I am personally confused about this, I staff roughly 7 hours a day and it extends to 10-15 on weekends and I can't think of anyone who is immature, onyx has a soft voice but doesn't seem immature, Chad is a good dude and I have heard a lot of good talk from members of the community, same with bruntwaffle. And I believe I am doing well personally, I have received good news from plenty of people I do sits with about my skill and maturity as a admin. I have heard good things about the higher ups aswell such as tungsten, Shelly, pear sauce, autumn, mother marie and beta male. I know some have a habit of missing around a bit but I can't think of anyone who is immature
This simply isn't true, do we have some amazing staff? Yes. But alot need work and with the staff to player ratio needing 'work" is like wearing a lead suit in a raft, we'll all sink surely enough as we have.

Don't take it personally lol. I do recognize that you, Unknown, and Noob are certainly dedicated and passionate, that does not go unnoticed. However, if you remember, I made a post addressing this exact problem months ago, and this post right here is evidence that next to nothing has been done about it. I've always stated my mind in a constructive manner, but you can't ask me to sit down and do your job for you. I'm giving you feedback from the perspective of a player who's deeply connected to playerbase, many of the staff, and is very familiar with the administrative side of running a community like this. I shouldn't need to explain any further.

You act as if me not reaching out is anything but me not wanting to waste my time explaining frustrations I've already made well known. Why haven't you reached out if you're so interested? You talk about 'extending a hand once again', but I've yet to see you in my dms, all I've seen is you telling me to stop being so publicly vocal about my frustrations, which is nearly the shadiest way I've ever seen a players' frustrations get addressed lmao.
"I'm giving you feedback from the perspective of a player who's deeply connected to playerbase, many of the staff, and is very familiar with the administrative side of running a community like this."

As pertinent to this post, there has been no constructive feedback from you. Please enlighten us with specifics that we can improve on instead of making generalizations for issues that we are already working to resolve. I want you to be public with your frustrations, when more people are involved in a conversation more views can be heard. I don't know where you got the impression that I dislike what you're saying, that is not the case at all. I dislike that I can't get anything out of what you're saying. I just don't understand what you'd like us to do when you leave vague feedback like us having a poor MOTD and poor Training, because those are very nuanced processes that a lot of things could be changed for.

If you've truly had experience with upper management in the past, I think you yourself would know how irking it is when people point out problems without context.

"I'm giving you feedback from the perspective of a player who's deeply connected to playerbase, many of the staff, and is very familiar with the administrative side of running a community like this."

As pertinent to this post, there has been no constructive feedback from you. Please enlighten us with specifics that we can improve on instead of making generalizations for issues that we are already working to resolve. I want you to be public with your frustrations, when more people are involved in a conversation more views can be heard. I don't know where you got the impression that I dislike what you're saying, that is not the case at all. I dislike that I can't get anything out of what you're saying. I just don't understand what you'd like us to do when you leave vague feedback like us having a poor MOTD and poor Training, because those are very nuanced processes that a lot of things could be changed for.

If you've truly had experience with upper management in the past, I think you yourself would know how irking it is when people point out problems without context.
"I'd recommend what many communities do, and what I even employ when it comes to managing my own bases. Younger people should be vetted a bit harder to make sure they can handle the stress and complexity of the job. You're right in terms of immature staff being a problem, but that's immature staff, not young ones. Many of the best staff in this community are below the age you recommended. I think extra supervision, training, vetting, and assistance should definitely be used, but not a flat out cap."
por example, idk what you're talking about when it comes to not being able to get anything from me, I try to be clearly constructive as much as possible.

Also, if you remember my post from back in June, I already addressed a lot of this stuff previously. I gave ideas and tactics that I've employed myself or seen be used in the past. The fact I've yet to see much improvement in months is why I'm tired and unwilling to trust that much is actually being done, nor am I enthusiastic to continue providing feedback when I've hardly seen the feedback I've given in the past be acted on or even acknowledged at times. I've literally written one of the biggest suggestion posts to be found on the forums, so I don't know what you're talking about when it comes to not being able to get constructive feedback out of me.

Sorry Wilkies, you know it's all love between us, but I've already given beyond enough feedback; it is endlessly frustrating, however, when I have yet to see much change in months, and then furthermore for you to tell me you can't get anything out of what I'm saying. I'm beyond constructive, and if you want or need specifics, you are welcome to reach out to me. What's been stopping you? It shouldn't be a players' responsibility to notice and/or address this stuff to begin with, nonetheless find solutions for it. Yet, still, I've done exactly that from the get-go, but at this point after months of stagnation and sometimes even a decline in the exact things I was hoping to see be improved, I think it's beyond understandable that I'm turning a bit tired and pessimistic.

-I took a quick second to review the staffing section in my old suggestion post. Admittedly I didn't address a lot of this stuff as much as I thought I did or wish I would have, but I know for a fact within my first week on the server I was pretty vocal about the staffing noticeably being the biggest crutch to the server. I've never enjoyed shit-talking the server or staff team, and I've always been persistent about being constructive within those types of conversations. I know this is a bit vague and unspecific, but here's two quotes from my post back in June, to show these aren't new or improving problems and I've been happy to address it for months:
"DarkRP is infamous for having obnoxious, inexperienced, ban-happy, and intimidating staff that kill the flow of fun. If Atomic wants its staff team to stand out, be taken seriously, and offer a unique experience, then they must actively fight against those stereotypes. Standards, protocols, and proper training are essential for this kind of thing."
"Atomic has a great energy to it, but it's staffing/rules are almost certainly its biggest crutch in my experience/opinion. I was hoping to basically say "specify stuff, because a vague and unspecific motd can easily lead to exploitation/confusion/frustration". It certainly has in my experience. Also, removing some of the unnecessary rules that just waste staff/player time and add very little to rp would be fantastic."

I wish I had dived into this stuff deeper, because it wasn't a random thought. It was a response to me noticing this exact type of stuff months ago, and those quotes were after barely two weeks of first joining the server. However, still, I posted this back in June, the fact we've yet to have an in-depth conversation is not at my fault. I've had many other staff who have reached out, and I've had those exact conversations with them. I've even taken the time to speak my mind publicly and privately to multiple staff, and invited you to do the same, since writing that post. At this point I don't know what to tell you.

So as we all know the Staff team has amazing individuals involved who dedicate alot of time to helping the server BUT as we all also know the staff team is lacking a solid presence in maturity and consistency. I believe a solution could be as easy as setting the age limit to 18 which will drastically reduce the amount of applicants and trainee's but allow players with more responsibility to apply and hopefully allow a better integrated Staff team with a common goal. Now this wouldn't be calling for the heads of current underage staff but would prevent new underage applicants.
MAN FUCK THEM KIDS BRO

The server can be a shitshow with these kid mods, but even the very top staff are kids. I think it's better to just accept that the server is run by kids and just avoid talking to them.

The server can be a shitshow with these kid mods, but even the very top staff are kids. I think it's better to just accept that the server is run by kids and just avoid talking to them.
How so?