User
Aug 1, 2021
Code:
Your In-Game Name: Sock

Steam Name: Sock

Link to your Public Steam Profile: : https://steamcommunity.com/id/itsjustmike/

Your age (we only accept staff 15 and older): 23

Your discord name/tag: Sock#7572

Is your discord name the same as your In-Game Name on AtomicRP? Yes, but minus the discord identifier numbers.

Have you ever been warned/kicked/banned on any Atomic Networks Servers? If yes, what for? No.

How much playtime do you have on the server? (24 hour minimum) 5D 4H 32M at the time of applying.

Have you read up on our rules fully? Yes, more than once.

Have you read up on the (DRP) Staff Information section of the Forums? Yes, I read both stickied sections before copying the application format.

Do you have a microphone and use it on a consistent basis? Yes, garrysmod is way too hard to play without a mic.

Do you have any prior experience staffing on other Garry's Mod servers? (Please go into detail if the answer is Yes) Yes, I used to run a network of DarkRP and Surf servers about six years ago, but since then it's been a good minute.

Have you received any recommendations to apply for staff from current AtomicRP Staff Members? (If so list them below) No I haven't, I applied after seeing Wilkers ask in chat if anybody wanted to apply.

If you answered yes to the previous question, do you have experience with SAM? AWarn3? BLogs? I don't have experience with those specific addons, but I learn pretty quick.

Why do you want to be a part of the staff team? Because it seems like you guys need the help, and I need something to do with my free time. A match made in heaven.

Why should you be accepted onto the staff team? I'm a fair person, and I also pay attention to the rules deliberately. I've got quite a bit of experience in garrys mod, with over 1400 hours played, and having owned the game for 10 years it could be stated that I'm a seasoned vet for anything I'd be handling / experiencing.

What is your timezone? EST.

- shortest app i ever seen but he's a realy nice guy and would make a good spot in the staff team but you should have put more effort in this.

-1 Real nice person and a real reputable guy. The reason for a -1 is the lack of information and effort in the app. I am rooting for you though!

-edit: I change my vote to a +1 because of how you perfectly executed the paragraph you replied with. Good Luck!

Last edited:
-1 Real nice person and a real reputable guy. The reason for a -1 is the lack of information and effort in the app. I am rooting for you though!
- shortest app i ever seen but he's a realy nice guy and would make a good spot in the staff team but you should have put more effort in this.
I feel that the response given here is somewhat unfair. Why would I be expected to pour text onto the screen for such straight forward questions. There's no reason to write an autobiography for a set of essentially routine questions that gets asked. The depth should only really matter during the interview, where the important questions are asked and deserve thought out personable responses. It would prove much more effective to actively respond and answer questions with depth, when they're directly addressed to you in a time devoted fashion.

To be honest with you two, if the answer was short, did it actually need to be longer here? I apologize for the lack of vigilantism in my response as to why I'd like to be staff, but it's the truth. I'm online all the time, I have free time, I have experience, I play a lot, it's my main server, and I experience the rule breaking the same as everyone else, and nobody enjoys the rule breaking. So, instead of making you read a wall of text, I was quick and concise in my presentation. I'm more than capable of writing a wall of text, but I felt there was no need for that here.

This is the entry stage, if they like the base details, they can get the full story out of me at the interview process, much like how a true job application works no? I feel as though this stage of the application is fairly informal, and is mostly used to gather the base requisites that can later be used to form the ultimate decision at the summation of the secondary interview should it get that far. You've both got experience with me in game, you both know my demeanor, kindness and helpfulness towards anybody in the community that needs it, and that should be enough of a statement to carry through. I feel it's unjust to get a -1 simply because I didn't wall of text you guys like I did here, but that's just my personal opinion.

If I'm wrong I'm wrong, but everything I put on my app was pertinent information regardless.

I feel that the response given here is somewhat unfair. Why would I be expected to pour text onto the screen for such straight forward questions. There's no reason to write an autobiography for a set of essentially routine questions that gets asked. The depth should only really matter during the interview, where the important questions are asked and deserve thought out personable responses. It would prove much more effective to actively respond and answer questions with depth, when they're directly addressed to you in a time devoted fashion.

To be honest with you two, if the answer was short, did it actually need to be longer here? I apologize for the lack of vigilantism in my response as to why I'd like to be staff, but it's the truth. I'm online all the time, I have free time, I have experience, I play a lot, it's my main server, and I experience the rule breaking the same as everyone else, and nobody enjoys the rule breaking. So, instead of making you read a wall of text, I was quick and concise in my presentation. I'm more than capable of writing a wall of text, but I felt there was no need for that here.

This is the entry stage, if they like the base details, they can get the full story out of me at the interview process, much like how a true job application works no? I feel as though this stage of the application is fairly informal, and is mostly used to gather the base requisites that can later be used to form the ultimate decision at the summation of the secondary interview should it get that far. You've both got experience with me in game, you both know my demeanor, kindness and helpfulness towards anybody in the community that needs it, and that should be enough of a statement to carry through. I feel it's unjust to get a -1 simply because I didn't wall of text you guys like I did here, but that's just my personal opinion.

If I'm wrong I'm wrong, but everything I put on my app was pertinent information regardless.
+1 Respect

+/- see him a lot on the servers and is a pretty reputable guy as far as I can tell. Lack of effort in the application but would seem like a good fit for a mod. Good luck!!

+1

App could have been better but the way you responded the the other comments shows dedication. I wish you luck

To be honest with you two, if the answer was short, did it actually need to be longer here? I apologize for the lack of vigilantism in my response as to why I'd like to be staff, but it's the truth. perience, I play a lot, it's my main server, and I experience the rule breaking the same as everyone else, and nobody enjoys the rule breaking. So, instead of making you read a wall of text, I was quick and concise in my presentation. I'm more than capable of writing a wall of text, but I felt there was no need for that here.

+1
here's my say on your response. The reason we want good and long applications is that we don't want to waste our time doing interviews on people that are not dedicated to the server, being staff, or don't care that much. Interviews can take a long time to do and we only have, I think 3 or 4 people that do interviews so if we just accept everyone for an interview its takes a lot time out of the people that have to do the interviews and they would just be taking interview that is wasting there's time because some people don't give 2 shits about being staff and just submit an application for shits and giggles.

There is somewhat of a misconception on what an interview is like on applying to staff, it's not like a regular interview you would normally do for a job. it's more of a test or a small exam where we will ask you questions about the rules and punishment guidelines so you can prove to us that you know the rules and punishment guidelines. the application is for us to get to know you better if you do become staff. I think it's better this way because if you said everything in the interview instead in the application only one person gets to know you. but saying everything in the application everyone gets to know you a little bit better the staff and the players on the server.

The application is more like a cover letter mixed in with an application but I think the reason we don't say cover letter is because most people and younger people don't know what a cover letter is and might get confused by it. So I hope this helps you and anyone else that's what's to be staff understand why we want good and long applications is because it tells us who you are and how dedicated to being staff you.

I'm giving you a +1 because you writing this shows how dedicated to the server you are, and at least for me it told me what kinda person you are.

+1
here's my say on your response. The reason we want good and long applications is that we don't want to waste our time doing interviews on people that are not dedicated to the server, being staff, or don't care that much. Interviews can take a long time to do and we only have, I think 3 or 4 people that do interviews so if we just accept everyone for an interview its takes a lot time out of the people that have to do the interviews and they would just be taking interview that is wasting there's time because some people don't give 2 shits about being staff and just submit an application for shits and giggles.

There is somewhat of a misconception on what an interview is like on applying to staff, it's not like a regular interview you would normally do for a job. it's more of a test or a small exam where we will ask you questions about the rules and punishment guidelines so you can prove to us that you know the rules and punishment guidelines. the application is for us to get to know you better if you do become staff. I think it's better this way because if you said everything in the interview instead in the application only one person gets to know you. but saying everything in the application everyone gets to know you a little bit better the staff and the players on the server.

The application is more like a cover letter mixed in with an application but I think the reason we don't say cover letter is because most people and younger people don't know what a cover letter is and might get confused by it. So I hope this helps you and anyone else that's what's to be staff understand why we want good and long applications is because it tells us who you are and how dedicated to being staff you.

I'm giving you a +1 because you writing this shows how dedicated to the server you are, and at least for me it told me what kinda person you are.
Okay, I can see where you're coming from and it does make sense. I guess I was under the misconception that the interview was the important part of the process, and the application was moreso used to show interest / to see if the applicant actually fills the prerequisites.

Thank you kindly for explaining further, and breaking down the explanation on top of it instead of just tossing out a -1 for "no effort". I promise you there was effort, I just didn't realize quite what was being looked for at this stage. I do take the application seriously and I'm not just tossing one out there for the hell of it, I'd genuinely like to help out where I can.

Hopefully the brevity of my application isn't actually a problem here after the responses I've made. I'm serious about the position, I just misunderstood the main purpose of the application. Thank you again Taco, I appreciate the thoughtful response.

+1 was gonna -1 but the replies are well spoken and shows good intent and dedication
+1
Give this mans a interview his reply's are plated with gold.
+1 Cool guy much respect
+1
I agree with tungsten 100%
But I'm giving you a +1 just because you put much more detail in your reply I'd like you to atleast get an interview.
+1

App could have been better but the way you responded the the other comments shows dedication. I wish you luck
Thank you all for the chance to be given an opportunity to help out the server. I appreciate the thought-out responses and the +1s in my favor, truthfully I do. Again I do apologize for the fact that it looks like there was no effort put forward, I see now where my misunderstanding had laid. Hopefully after giving my replies and my reasons for the short-handed application, it can be seen that I meant no ill-will towards anybody that handles the forms, and I surely didn't mean to waste anyone's time. I appreciate that you all took the time to read my responses alongside my application, it shows to me that you all actually do your due diligence. Again, I thank you all sincerely.

-1 No Effort
-1 No Effort
I invite you two to please read through some of the comments left by others and myself to hopefully spur you onto the side of supporters. I apologize for the application appearing rather lacking, but I meant no disrespect towards the systems in place and those who manage said systems. Hopefully you're willing to give me your +1 instead, after reading through what has been said above as well as in this reply tailored towards the both of you. I really do mean well, and should I receive a channel to communicate more directly with you two, I hope that my initial impression doesn't sour the initial greeting. Instead I hope to make a better impression directly in communication, seeing as how it appears as this one didn't hit the mark for you two. Again, I apologize, and hopefully we can get things going in a better direction :)

Accepted for Interview
Reach out to Washed on Discord within 3 days to schedule your interview.
Note: Failure to schedule your interview within 3 days will result in your application being denied.